1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM and Seizures

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KeithWulf, Aug 3, 2015.

1. KeithWulf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys!
    So as I've said I really want to start the tradition from female to male. I haven't taken T yet but I've asked certain people to start calling me Keith and I love it ^^
    I was wondering if anyone knew something about the affects of Testosterone with seizures. I've heard it can cause/worsen Epilepsy. A couple weeks ago I had an EEG in the hospital done for 4 days and nothing showed up, so my neurologist thinks my seizures are probably pseudo-seizures, caused by stress.
    I'd love to hear advice from you guys. I really want to start hormone therapy ASAP and really hope my medical condition won't hold that back.

2. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to say I have no personal experience with hormones but I think this is something you should only make a choice on based on the advice of medical professionals who know you and your medical history. It sounds like you already have some neurological issues, so while certain hormones and chemicals might not affect other people, they may affect you. So I think that's something you should specifically bring up to your doctors, if you haven't already. I just don't want you to jump into something where you could get hurt with advice from people that don't know your physical sensitivities.