1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing Weight/Do Gymnastics At Legs

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ConfusedguyZZ, Aug 4, 2015.

1. ConfusedguyZZ

My body parts like stomach, shoulders and arms are fine but my legs are little overweight so I want tips how to lose weight on them please.. Any tips?? ( mature answers)

2. Gen

Gen

Do you believe that your lower body is overweight because you can actually pinpoint the fat or because your legs are little bit thicker than some of the people around you?

Unlike the upper body, the structure of the lower body can depend heavily on genetics. Both parental genetics and even ethnic genetics. There is no such thing as having an overweight appendage without some serious fat distribution issues. If you are relatively slim to begin with than it is unlikely that there is an abnormal amount of fat within your lower body rather the build of your lower body is simply not as thin as the people that you are comparing yourself to.

Granted, it would absolutely possibly to tight those areas through using workout to create more muscle in that region, but that won't truly equate a slimmer lower body. Ultimately, the answers to the earlier questions would help in figuring this out.

3. Erzulie

Are you a gymnast? Many gymnasts (male and female) get more muscular thighs because that's where all your power comes from. If so, you should be proud of them thunder thighs!

If not, is that where your weight tends to get distributed? Cardio workouts usually help shed off unwanted fat overall, and then you can do workouts targeting your thighs like squats and such. Hope this was helpful!

4. ConfusedguyZZ

Haha no I am not a gymnast, I hate gymnastics but I thought I have a little problem there so I asked a few tips just all.. Thanks anyway! :grin:

5. Silver Sparrow

Hi there! It's actually pretty much impossible, as far as I know, to target weight loss in one particular area of the body. You can lose weight in general, but there's not a way to guarantee that weight will drain from your legs. However, various exercises that focus on the legs could make them feel more toned.