1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restless Legs Syndrome

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by YuriBunny, Aug 6, 2015.

1. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had RLS as long as I can remember. When I was little, it was only an occasional thing, but recently it keeps me awake most of the night. It even happens in the morning and the afternoon... and right now. So pretty much 24/7. I have to pile blankets on top of my legs to get myself to sleep at night, even when it's summer and I'm sweating under them. I just found out recently what this was called, and that it's actually really common. Does anyone else struggle with this or have advice for what I could do about it??

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex-boyfriend used to suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome, really badly. I seem to remember that I got him some natural/herbal stuff to help with it but I can't recall what it was called (helpful I know!). All I can say for now is that you're absolutely not alone and there are treatments out there - it's worth taking a look around. It's also worth asking a doctor or pharmacist about. I know there are drugs that might help, although drugs aren't helpful for everyone. You may want to take the route we took and look at alternative therapies (making sure they're safe, of course).

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A lot of time RLS can be easily fixed with exercising. If I don't get a good work out my legs go crazy.

4. and323

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh! Yes!!

I notice it mostly when I'm not doing anything (watching a movie or trying to fall asleep), and then once I notice it it's ALL that I notice until it goes away. It's been happening a lot recently - more when I'm trying to sleep now - and I feel bad because sometimes I think it keeps my girlfriend awake since I'm constantly moving my legs around and then they twitch when I try for too long without moving them. It's incredibly annoying :frowning2:.

It usually helps if I shower before I go to bed. I have no idea why, but if I go to bed without showering it's a lot worse. Maybe the hot water helps? I honestly have no idea.

5. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes hot water can soothe sore or stiff muscles.

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys! I will take your advice into consideration. (*hug*)