1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

safe sex for females?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by fionamc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. fionamc

Hi
    I recently came out to my friends that im bi, and i was just wondering about safe sex between women. I obviously know about condoms and stuff, but ive never really been told about how women have safe sex together. Any pointers?
    Sorry, this is really awkward for me to put up here, but i don't know who to ask. Sorry if it grossed you out!
    Xx

2. Garnet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  3. fionamc

Thank you! That's very helpful
    X

4. Lyana

Hiya, fionamc.
    Yep, that article pretty much covers it. If you want a summary, they recommend dental dams for oral sex, gloves for fingering, condoms on toys if you want to share. Basically, barriers, same as with sex between a man and a woman. Careful with blood (from cuts, or if a woman is menstruating).

I'm just here to say that there's no need to apologize for this post! It's a pretty common question, given that safer sex is generally understood to mean "condoms."
    There is nothing to be grossed out by in what you wrote. Talking about sex, especially safer sex practices, is healthy.

5. fionamc

Thank you, in pretty new to this (only came out to a few friends a month ago) So don't know what is ok to talk about
    Xx