1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nauseous feeling in throat

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AsiaJ33, Aug 10, 2015.

1. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anybody else get a nauseous feeling in their throat that feels like a lump in the throat? I got this a lot when I was younger, then it went away but it's coming back again. Sometimes I get a very mild case after I eat, but sometimes, either random or caused by anxiety, I get really bad ones that last about 2 hours and come in waves. These bad ones happen maybe once every two weeks. And by really bad, I mean my heart beats like crazy and I sweat and have to squeeze something and take deep breathes because I swear I'll vomit but I rarely do. Sometimes it helps to take tums, but it doesn't get rid of it completely. I've looked online and a lot of it says it's caused by anxiety, which it very well could be because that's the trigger sometimes, but sometimes nothing triggers it. I feel like I'm alone and nobody else experiences this. I hope you guys can maybe come up with ideas of what it is, and what I can do to help it. Thanks

2. KeyLime

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't have much advice, but I get this too. It happens when I lose my appetite and it makes it difficult for me to eat. It helps me to drink a vegetable smoothie, because it goes down more easily than solid food and stops the hunger (hunger makes the nausea worse for me). I don't know of any other solutions though.

#2 KeyLime, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have advice either, but I can tell you you aren't alone in this. When I am anxious, I either don't eat at all, or feel nauseous and it doesn't go away for a while. I usually drink water, but that doesn't completely cure it. I'm sorry, I have no idea what this is thoigh

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd say it is what Traditional Chinese Medicine describes as Plum Pit Qi and can be successfully and naturally treated with acupuncture and Chinese herbs.

5. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I use to get a lump in my throat sensation that felt like it was hard to breathe or talk. This happened when I was younger and only occurred when I was getting very upset with anxiety. I would find that drinking a cool beverage would make it stop (my go to was orange juice). It's weird that it felt so suffocating that putting something in my throat (juice) would work but it did.

I'm not sure if this is similar to you (I wouldn't call it nauseous in my case). It was terrifying, but it did go away with time. I suggest you go see a doctor (to rule out a bodily issue) and perhaps consider seeing a counselor. If it is a mental health issue, professional counselors have had dealt with many different symptoms and would be very insightful in helping you identify the issue.

6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Google "Globus Hystericus"

Lump in throat caused by anxiety

If that doesn't fit the description best to see your doctor to be safe

7. and323

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a lump in my throat caused by anxiety, but like somebody posted before I wouldn't call it a "nauseous" feeling. More like a feeling such as comes with acid reflux if you've ever had that. Like there's something stuck in there that you just can't swallow, and hurts when you try and swallow anything. I only know that because I freaked out and googled it immediately. That was 5 years ago and hasn't happened since.

However I AM unable to eat practically anything when I'm anxious, which backs up your theory on that. When your heart starts beating wildly you could be experiencing an anxiety or panic attack. My advice to you would be to visit a doctor - if they agree that it's being caused by anxiety, they can prescribe you anxiety medication if this is something that's affecting your everyday life.

8. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for all the responses :slight_smile: I am planning to talk to the doctor about it, just because it's getting to the point where it's really annoying