1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question kinda worried

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by duckdrake23, Dec 27, 2008.

1. duckdrake23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    okay i was ingaged in anal sex, I was wearing a condom and it broke. I had not realized it had broke till I had pulled out. My partner said he was neg, but I'm freaked out now (you never know these days...people lie). I know that everyone is at risk when it comes to hiv. As the top, do I have a less likely chance of getting anything? I do get tested regularly and will continue, but I've never had a condom break on me, so i'm worried.

2. KaraBulut

The risk of HIV transmission for the "top" in anal sex is much lower than the risk for the bottom. Your chances of HIV infection are very low.

For your own peace of mind, get tested in 4-6 weeks.

You have the right attitude- that you treat everyone the same and that you always practice safer sex no matter what your partner says and no matter whether they claim to the "clean" or "safe".

Condom breaks happen occasionally but they should be rare. What lube were you using and what kind of condom were you using?

3. duckdrake23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thank you for the info. I will get tested in about 6 weeks. However, I'm really freaked out right now. I didn't see any blood on the condom or on me. I had heard that the chances are less for the top, but that doesn't make me immune by any means. It was a trojan condom with latex compatible lubricant.