1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Image Issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dt85, Aug 12, 2015.

1. dt85

dt85 Guest

I'm finally waking up to my sexuality, and for a moment it felt good to acknowledge to myself who I am. However, my body image issues cropped up again to remind me that I am unlovable.

Clothed, I'm fairly confident in my looks. But with my clothes off I don't think anyone will ever want to be with me. I have two major fears: I will form an emotional connection with someone and they will leave me as soon as they see me nude; and I'll be ridiculed.

I'm heading back to college in less than two weeks, and I'd promised myself that if I hit it off with any guys at or around school that I would allow myself to explore my feelings and to enter into a relationship if that became a possibility. Now I feel devastated and afraid.

Is anyone unlovable because of their body? I get so sad that this is the only life I get and I will never get to experience intimacy and love because of things I can't change.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been there. Even though everyone tells me I'm not, I still feel chubby and ugly sometimes. Maybe this will come off as ironic, but you just need to remember that anyone who truly cares about you will love you regardless of appearance. I know that I like people more for personality than anything else. For me, if I find a person's personality attractive, I slowly find their body more attractive as well. Don't feel so self-conscious. You will find someone to love you.

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I guess I experienced body issues when I was 13 but I think that was just hormones.. Now I'm fully confident in my body.. I have a pretty face (I've been told this plenty) not trying to sound cocky. But I do sometimes do get down when I feel I've put weight on. I understand you to an extent! Best thing to do is to accept yourself flaws and all. You'll be unhappy otherwise. The only thing preventing you from true love is your own self conscious thoughts :slight_smile: