1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosquitoes bites

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MyLittleWorld, Aug 12, 2015.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I was picnicing outside yesterday and as I see now my pantyhose are really convenient to bite lol. I have around 20 bites on my legs, red and they have swollen.

How could I reduce swelling and redness faster? because it's itching like hell. Any advice or advice on remedy would be helpful. :slight_smile:

2. RainOnVII

If I subconsciously scratched them, or I didn't rinse them off fast enough, I used to use rubbing alcohol on bites. You could also Google articles, like this one.

I hope this helps!

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Do you have hydrocortisone cream? or just put lotion on it or a cold rag to reduce the itching. xP lol.

#3 Nocturnal, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  4. v3ronica93

Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually rub anti-perspirant on mosquito bites. The aluminum in it dries out the mosquito saliva, which is what causes the itching.

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I googled it real quick and apparently toothpaste also works, go figure! I'll try it out next time XD

6. etcetera

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Two options that work and their reasons for working:
    Aspirin (buy a cream containing aspirin, or crush some tablets very finely and add a tiny amount of water to make a paste) - aka acetysalicilic acid, is a non-steriodal anti-inflammatory. As far as I can remember, it's a lipoxygenase inhibitor (correct me if I'm wrong). Basically, it inhibits your body's ability to signal to your immune system that something is wrong. While it is more commonly used to treat other issues, it is great for treating cuts and bites as well.
    Hydrocortisone cream (as already recommended) - This is generally seen as a more aggressive form of anti-inflammatory medication. It's a steroidal anti-inflammatory, (the steroid being cortisol), and should kill the redness. This is probably your best option.

These are two suggestions that you might hear about in your typical visit with a doctor or nurse practitioner.

I know very little about the effect of antiperspirant on insect bites, but if it were me, I would stick with anti-inflammatory medication.

7. BandFangirl

BandFangirl Guest

Calamine lotion really helps

8. TraceElement

Benadryl has an anti-itch lotion/gel that is wonderful.

9. PerfectLie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've never used it myself but my mother says it stops the itching and pain of a bite really quickly. It's called Tiger Balm, they usually come in tiny little jars with Chinese symbols on it, they sell them in pharmacy's here in England but I don't know about wherever you may be :slight_smile: