1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by pikachu1, Aug 17, 2015.

1. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not really sure if this belongs here, if not please move it mods.

I have had sex a total of three times in my life, all with guys. First was when I was 12, before I actually realized I was gay. Second was when I was around 19 and Questioning myself. Third was when I was 24 and had officially come out.

The thing is that while I did enjoy those times very much I don't actively seek out that kind of thing. One of my lesbian friends said this is a problem because men should have high sex drives and gay men even more so.

Could their be something wrong with my sex drive or am I just being weird?

2. KayJay

Nothing is wrong with your sex drive. Some people have very low drive while others have a really high one. Men may generally have higher sex drives but that doesn't mean you should seek out sex all the time especially if you don't really feel like having it. I've actually never heard of men having a higher sex drive than straight men (or any man that identifies as something different than gay).

I'd say you're completely normal, you just don't have as high a drive as others. There are some medical conditions that can effect libido that can be physical or mental. Things like low testosterone and depression can cause a lack of libido. If you're concerned with your sex drive you could talk to your doctor about it. As long as you don't have any symptoms that may link a cause of libido loss to some sort of condition, it is probably just how you are.

We're all a bit different when it comes to sex :slight_smile:

#2 KayJay, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OP, your friend is not right. Everyone has different levels as far as sex drive. Being gay does not mean you want to have sex with every guy you see. Your orientation has no effect on your drive.

#3 QueerTransEnby, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  4. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

From my point of view, it's just a wives' tale. I don't have much of a sex drive or a craving for it all that much, but then again, I'm in love with an inanimate object, so what do I know about sex drives. The point is, everyone's different. Just remember to be yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks, and you'll be fine. I guarantee. :thumbsup:

5. ThatFrostyGuy

Your orientation doesn't, but your gender does. ON AVERAGE men do have higher sex drives, but obviously every individual is different.