1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixing Internal Clock

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Unreadable, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Unreadable

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi Guys!

I haven't been on since February 15th and Have gotten upto alot more!

But my main question for this post is is there a way to fix my internal bodyclock?

I'm going on vacation to Spain in 8 days and i want to repair my body clock within a week.

Would doing a final all nighter fix it by going sleep at 9(ish) and then waking up at 9am and repeating the same?

2. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In my own experience, the best thing to do is to lie down at whatever the normal time is locally, even if you don't feel tired. Setting an alarm so you wake up at the right time is also important.

3. RainDreamer

Use your stomach, if you can sleep while hungry. Starve yourself for about 16 hours before the time you want to wake up, and eat at the time you want to wake up.

Your food clock override your sleep clock, because your body will be more afraid of starving to death than lacking sleep.

Also ensure you get a lot of sunlight when you wake up, it helps ease the body into waking mode faster.

#3 RainDreamer, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fly back and forth across the "pond" monthly. There is no quick fix. That said, some tips:

1. Do not eat heavily before the trip. I would not advise to starve yourself, but I would suggest to stay away from carb and starch right foods.
    2. Drink plenty of water before you travel, during the flight, and after you travel
    3. During the flight, make sure to stay away from the heavy airplane food, drink water, circulate your blood by moving around, and try and sleep on the flight rather than watch movies.
    4. When you get on the flight, set your watch to the local time you will be in and start to think based on the local time.
    5. After you get to your destination, workout for 60 minutes and get the blood flowing.
    6. Even if you wake up at night, stay in bed until normal wake hours.

It typically takes one day of adjustment for each hour of time change.

Good luck!