1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guilt

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CubbieBlue, Aug 19, 2015.

1. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I still feel very guilty about who I am. I can't help it. I know there's nothing wrong with me and I'm a good person, but I still feel guilty. People that I love that know wish I was just straight. But I'm not. I wish I would have paid attention earlier, but I didn't. I'm married and recently told my wife I'm bi. Well, not that recent. Going on almost a year already. Anyway, she still makes me feel guilty about it, but we do love each other.

So, yeah. Guilt. Does guilt ever mess with you in any way? Has it? Sometimes I feel like I can't be attracted to my wife from the guilt she gives me. Other times I am. Other times I feel like I'm more attracted to guys, and maybe because of the guilt? I don't know.

2. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Well, back when I was a kid, I once somehow caused a power shortage to part of a building at my father's old workplace and also accidentally nearly got my grandmother arrested by playing around with her house phone (rest her soul). I still feel guilt for those two occasions from time to time.

3. Thirdtimecharm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel guilty all. the. time. I was raised going to Catholic school so guilt was kinda part of my upbring. I feel guilty that I love my husband but feel like I don't love him enough bc I feel I may be bisexual if not a lesbian. I feel guilty that I am not all in my marriage Bc my mind wanders as I think about my new found acceptance of my attraction to women. Half the time I think I do a lot of things based on guilt...not necessarily Bc I want to do them. Guilt is a big one, heavy emotion to kind of leave behind. I feel where you are at CubbieBlue.

4. melissakok

I feel the same way CubbieBlue. Im 35 and feel like I should accepted myself and figured all this out by now. I am talking to a guy I met online and then a lesbian friend touched my leg and I was so turned on and felt so guilty for feeling like that because of the guy I was seeing. I really just didn't want to have those feelings again. I thought I had buried/resolved my sexuality and that I was straight. Im just tired of pushing my sexual feelings and experiences and thoughts away/deep down in me. Hopefully we can accept ourselves in time. Thanks for your honesty. Glad we can all process this stuff here on this site.