1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal to be horny constantly when you like someone?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by gloomyra, Aug 20, 2015.

1. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's someone I like, and I've noticed since I've had a crush on them I'm turned on by everything. We aren't even at a point were we've done anything sexual, just a lot of flirting and a little cuddling (which I feel like makes things worse?). I even get distracted in classes sometimes...

Do I have a high sex drive or is this normal? As a side note, I've never been in a relationship before, and even snuggling and flirting are pretty new to me.

2. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, it's pretty normal to get aroused by someone you like.. that's what happens when you're attracted to someone, especially if there's a physical attraction.. but are you worried that it's too much though, since you say you've gotten distracted in class & such.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah definitely

4. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, a bit... It's not just when I'm with this person, but I've just been turned on a lot more in general. And everything lately is a turn on for me. I mean, I think even a shampoo or deodorant commercial might be at this point. And then I just have to try and wait it off, and it's such a distraction sometimes...

I kind of wonder if I'm a late bloomer, because I never cared about or thought about sex much as a teen and had no interest in dating until recently (I'm in my early 20's).

Also, I hear it's normal for young guys, but it's not something I hear many other girls talk about.

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2015 at 08:13 PM ----------

Thanks, I hope it goes away after awhile though. :confused:

5. IndigoIndigo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes, this is very normal. In my experience it does usually reduce in intensity with time. Enjoy it.

6. MetalRice

Yeah, it's definitely normal.

7. robclem21

Totally normal. It can be the best and worst thing ever. Usually best though when its reciprocated.

8. melissakok

Thanks gloomyra for posting this. I was wondering if I was normal too because I feel the same way right now (theres a girl I really like and see often, but not dating yet). I've thought I was "oversexed" in the past because I get so turned on by everything, like you said, when really liking someone.