1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showers

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by crystallight268, Aug 23, 2015.

1. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is it true that if you shower the night before your clean for the next day? Or do you still have to shower the next day regardless if you already did the night before? I know this may seem like a dumb question but sometimes I'll shower the night before and then get dressed the next day without a shower. I heard that this is true for guys and not for girls but I don't know.

2. Really

You're plenty clean with that night before shower. You're probably not even dirty enough for a daily shower but most people do anyway. Unless you're a coal miner. Then keep showering daily.

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you're clean enough but unfortunately my hair sticks up all over the place after I get out of bed so that's not really an option.

4. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In general, I would say yes, if you shower the night before, then you are clean for the next day.

I used to exclusively take showers at night. This was actually kind of good because showers dry out my skin, but by the time I woke up, my natural body oils made my skin hydrated in the morning. :slight_smile:

However, if you have really oily skin, you may still want to clean your face in the morning. Also, if you have long hair, you might need to add some water or something to "fix" it after sleeping at a weird angle.

I switched to taking showers in the morning for the sole purpose of helping me wake up. I have been considering switching back to taking them at night though so I don't have to spend as much time getting ready in the morning.

It's entirely up to you though. Just do what you prefer. :thumbsup:

5. guitar

I do both, depending on whether I worked out the night before and how gross I feel going to bed. I have short hair, so other than wetting my hair a bit and washing my face, I'm fine for the day with a shower the night before.

If you have a job interview or are going out for a night on the town, shower before going so you smell your best.

6. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    During the week I shower at night because I already have to get up at 5:00 am, I'll be damned if I have to get up earlier than that! On the weekends it just depends how I feel.

I'm clean, because all I'm doing is going to sleep afterwards. If you're worried about sweating at night then turn on a ceiling fan or standing fan.

You should always wash your face when you wake up and before you go to bed.

#6 XenaxGabby, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  7. MetalRice

I'd say so, hell it's probably enough to keep your clean for a while.

8. Erzulie

It doesn't matter when during the day you shower, as long as it's once a day, and even then it's not absolutely necessary if you're not a particularly stinky person. In the winter I take a shower every other day if i'm not working (i'm a painter) because my skin gets really dry during that season.

9. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually shower once every two days. You stay quite clean for awhile after a shower. Just don't go roll in the mud before you go to bed and you'll be fine.

10. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually I take a shower at night and the I get up the next day and get dressed and go on with my day...I mean all I did. Was go to sleep it's not like I was sweating or anything like that

11. Hopeful

I like to shower at night because I hate going to bed feeling dirty at all. I like to keep my sheets clean as long as possible!

With that being said, I don't feel as clean during the daytime if I haven't showered that morning. I guess it really depends on what I'm doing and if I've gone running that morning to warrant a morning shower.

12. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It depends on your routine and lifestyle. On a normal day I shower twice a day even if I haven't done anything to make me perspire or get dirty. It's just a personal choice and part of my daily routine. I feel uncomfortable and icky when I don't do it.

As to lifestyle, I tend to go clubbing a lot. During those days I take a bath three times a day. During the morning, before I go clubbing and after I go clubbing. I just want to be fresh and also have my hair styled that's why I take a bath before going clubbing. And taking a bath after clubbing is to get rid of the smell of smoke and if it was a truly epic night poured drinks and vomit. :lol:

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I tend to shower in the morning. It not only helps wake me up, it allows me time to think and focus on the day ahead.

When I do shower in the evening, it's usually if I know the morning is going to be packed, like at a camp or trapped with a lot of relatives.

14. Jamie1975

I prefer to shower in the morning as I tend to get sweaty at night

But it's a personal thing, do whichever you are happy with

xx

15. Yosia

I shower in an evening and I am fine. Mainly because I like to sleep in until about 10 minutes before I have to leave in a morning. xD

16. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much this.

17. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to shower/bathe twice a day when I was younger. Over the years, however, I only shower before bed or if there is an event that day/night. I need to go to bed knowing I am clean. I also clean my sheets at least once a week, if they need it or not. I love that fresh outta the dryer smell from the Downy Lavender softener sheets! :slight_smile: