1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM- Threw up a bc pill

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by thepandaboss, Aug 26, 2015.

1. thepandaboss

Alright, just going to be blunt about it. While I'm still pre-T and figuring out my options, I've been on a levonestrogal (bc) script for a little over a year. Considering the fact I'm not writing about being a dad on here, I guess it's doing what it's supposed to do.

Last night, I took one right on schedule and that would have been around 10pm. I wasn't feeling too great last night. Three hours later, right after my boyfriend and I had sex, I had to run to the bathroom and I threw up.

Would throwing up affect my bc dose or am I safe?

2. Really

3. thepandaboss

4. Maeve

Just to be extra safe, you can use condoms for a week.

5. Hiems

You could try taking the pill with food to help ease the nausea and vomiting.

However, if the vomiting persistently occurs, then you may want to contact the physician who prescribed your oral contraceptive. Perhaps the ethinyl estradiol dose may need to be reduced.

6. thepandaboss

Been on it for a year. I honestly think the issue wasn't necessarily related to the pill itself (I'd eaten a lot that night, plus just generally sick/spazzed out all week) but I don't think it'd be a bad idea to reduce the dose or go on something else though. I hate how it makes me feel- just a lot of bad psychological effects in general.