1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mental health

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pseudojim, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello all,

Do we talk about mental health in here, too? I can't see a dedicated forum for mental health issues that don't centre on sexual or gender identity.

2. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I don't see any reason not to. General Support and Advice could also do.

3. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes sorry to say there isn't a dedicated forum for mental health. Members who have issues regarding their mental health such as depression, suicide, bipolar disorder, social anxiety etc usually post their concerns either in the Physical & Sexual Health, General Support and Advice and/or Anonymous discussions. I am one of those who usually replies to such posts.

However I would like to note that there are posts here on EC regarding mental health support notably those of suicide, etc that are in the guise of asking for support but can actually worsen or trigger disorders/conditions and/or suicide. I've raised this issue before when I had tried to get a post/thread deleted, but to no avail.