1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masterbation, heart hurting...is this natural?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jogos, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Jogos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everybody.

I have a question based on masterbation and my recent (recent as in past 2-3 months) experiences, I usually masterbate laid down on my bed side ways, you know when your sleeping side ways if that makes sense, not always but usually thats how i do it nowadays, and what i have noticed has happened a lot is, ok it is natural for the heart rate to go faster but just before ejeculating i feel as if my heart jumps down, like as if to slow itself, and this is really scary then i just to breathe and i can but it is scary because my chest near my heart reagion feels trapped for a moment and this never used to happen, could it be related to nerves... i have heard of people dying during masterbation but i thought it was over-dooers people who do it way too much a day, i dont even masterbate everyday im confused..

2. YesHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! :smilewave

You may have heart or artery problems. The best thing for you to do is to go to the doctor. Go in for a routine check up and then mention that you have this feeling while doing... uhm... "strenuous activities". :icon_wink

This could be a serious problem and if you can stop heart damage now, it will only help you in the long run. You could definitely die and that's a pretty horrible way to die. :confused:

Just Be Safe! With Your Penis! :grin:

3. Foz

Foz Guest

It's nothing to worry about, when this happened to me when I waa 15 but it's just palpitations. If you type in "palpitations when masterbating" to google you will get thousands of results.

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I doubt it is a problem, but you need to tell your doctor and go in soon. You may want to have them run an EKG. Do you consume a lot of caffeine? Caffeine can cause problems with your heart rhythm. Palpitations can be a sign of an underlying health issue, but caffeine can cause long term health problems to the nervous system as well as your cardiovascular system. Note: Not a doctor, just speaking from my experience. Bottom line: get checked in 1-2 weeks. Masturbation is a normal function, and nothing to be ashamed about when speaking with your doctor.

5. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi :slight_smile: I would like to offer some advice. But the problem with having a physical ailment is that I have no way of physically assessing you. I would have to listen to your heart sounds at the very least, aside from getting an angiogram or stress test if I were to truly give you a fairly approximate advice.

Now in saying that I must say that my advice nor any advice you get from anyone here on EC is no substitute for the advice a competent and licensed Physician can accord you. Please see your.

I would have to go with "heart jumps down, like as if to slow itself, and this is really scary then i just to breathe and i can but it is scary because my chest near my heart region feels trapped for a moment and this never used to happen" although you do realize it is a pretty vague description. I would like you to elaborate on a few thing... when you say "feels trapped for a moment" does it feel like a vice-like grip? like your chest or your heart is being squeezed? When you say your heart is hurting, can you point out to a specific area or does it occur all over the chest? Does the pain stay in one area or does it radiate or move on to other areas such as your arms, neck and jaw? Do you experience chest pain in other instances such as when doing work or moving around? Does it occur even when resting? Have you had your serum cholesterol tested?

I would need answers to those for me to quantify some of my differential theories as to why you experience chest pain. I won't go into my other theories without quantifying it with the answers I can get from the questions I posed you.

Based on the limited data though. I can give you one plausible explanation. At the moment of ejaculation it causes an activation of the Sympathetic Nervous System. This same Sympathetic Nervous System innervates the Coronary Arteries of the Heart, that is together with the Parasympathetic Nervous System. With activation of the Sympathetic Nervous System this causes transient vasoconstriction of the Coronary arteries, to be followed by vasodilation. This momentary vasoconstriction in turn causes decreased blood flow to an area of the heart which causes ischemia, hence the pain. As I said these are all but transient.

That is one plausible explanation out of many out there. PLEASE SEE YOU DOCTOR for proper diagnosis and treatment.

6. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go to your doctor if it troubles you