1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hair...down there!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by nate16, Aug 30, 2015.

1. nate16

Here's a fun topic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I've taken a liking to keeping my butt smooth...however I've been having an issue with ingrown hairs (specifically in the area where I sit). I use Veet creams which have been working well so far.

On the downside, my hair grows extremely quickly. In a matter of hours I already have stubble (I veet about once a week).

Any ideas/advice in how to improve this situation and avoiding my natural forest on my butt?

Sorry for being so upfront and personal, but the internet isn't a huge help in this matter.

2. IG88

Maybe try switching to trimming back there instead of going all the way to the skin. If you trim (not shave) close, it should still feel smooth without the bumps that come from close shaves.

3. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Use a loofah on that area to prevent ingrown hairs. Also I recommend getting waxed at a salon. It does cost money but the skin will be smooth for about 2 weeks before the hair begins to grow back. Or at least roughly that time.

4. zgirl81

When I shave those types of "sensitive areas" I also have the problem of stubble and ingrown hairs. I find that shaving or using a hair removal product works best for me right after a long soak in the tub. My hairs tend to get less ingrown when the skin is properly hydrated. Loofahs help to keep the follicles clear of debris that cause the ingrown hairs too. I've found that when I remove the hair in any way other than with a razor I tend to have less ingrown spots, and the stubble that grows back is much less prickly feeling.

I'm too cheap to go to a salon, so I can't comment on waxing. I have heard good things about laser hair removal from friends though. (at the very least the lasering helps thin out the hairs)

5. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have trouble with that a good halfway down my inner thigh. Not exactly avoidable even if I want to wear shorts! I find just making sure to keep it hydrated and clean helps. Exfoliate, soak, and moisturize as soon as you're out of the shower and throughout the day.

Aloe is wonderful, especially if you can get the "burn relief" aloe with lidocaine (a topical pain reliever) if you do get those awful red bumps. It's usually marketed as solarcaine but I've yet to see a store that doesn't carry an off brand near it. There's also bikinizone skin cream but the packaging can get a little frustrating. That cap is way too tricky for how thin and slippery the product is!