1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thirsty guys on the net.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Chromedome, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you ever Hooked up with a guy from the internet or is it creepy to you? Personally many of them are desperate as hell and they have no concern for their physical or sexual health or yours and will go out their way to have sex with you, one even was willing to or have me take a bus at night to unfamilar neighbourhoods to have sex with a stranger.:confused:

2. QBear

Yes, but it was through a dating site, and we went on a proper date first, and he was very sweet and charming. He was so great I went on a second date.

I didn't work out for distance reasons, but I still regard it as a very pleasant experience.

But yes, on the other hand, there are lots of creepers out there on craigslist. If you choose to go that route, you've got to be really picky and correspond via email first and so forth. Look for guys that use complete sentences and proper grammar and don't ask you to meet them in places you're uncomfortable with.

Actually, now that I think about it, I did hook up with a guy from craiglist once, but I could tell from his original ad that he was very thoughtful and we talked via email for a while first before we met up. He also turned out to be a pretty decent guy.

#2 QBear, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  3. Chrisr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My first boyfriend I met on a game. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    We talked a lot before we met up. Turns out that he lives around 20 miles from me, which was crazy because the server was stationed in Texas. We were doing voice and video chat a lot as well. We eventually met for a first date and then on our second date we hooked up. It didn't end up working out between us for various reasons, but it was still a wonderful experience and he was a really nice person.

I was lucky to find him randomly on a server, though I'm having trouble figuring out what are some good websites that aren't just blatantly about sex. I want some romance too!

But anyway, I think it's about standards you have for yourself. Make those standards high so you make sure you're safe, happy, and healthy.

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met a guy on a certain app back in January. We went out on a date(albeit Wendy's) then got tested together a few weeks into our relationship. We didn't end up having sex until April because he had sex in January with someone else before he met me. We wanted to make sure he was out of the 3 month window. If you want a long term relationship, say so. Then all the hookup guys go bye bye really fast. Don't let anyone dictate your sex life.

5. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you have a point you wanna make? Or are we here just to point and laugh at those "poor desperate bastards" to maybe feel better about ourselves?

6. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You made everything weird. I just gave an example. So you show me you good experience instead of being offended.

7. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    From what I gather this wasn't a thread to redicule anyone. It's just sharing strange/bizzare or unsafe situations from hooking up with strangers online.

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep. A friend of a friend added me on FB and never missed the chance to message me as soon as I logged in. He kept calling me "handsome", sending me pics, and asking to meet up. Finally had to tell him he was coming off as a bit of a creep and that it was making me extremely uncomfortable (he apparently didn't notice), and I'm hoping he gets the message this time. I really don't want to resort to blocking, but will if it continues.

9. aussielefty

All my life has been from dating sites, (unfortunatly )
    and while most have been pretty good, there have been a couple of dodgy
    meet ups,... I always ask to meet in a populated place first if i can..

made one mistake one night meeting at a toilet block as per arrainged, and wasn't a nice thing to go thru .. some times you have to take the bad with the good..

And I too want to have some romance one day!

10. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's how I met my current bf. It was supposed to be a "I have needs and you have needs. Lets hookup" type of thing where I probably wouldn't remember his name 10 minutes after he left. Turns out he was a good guy and we have been dating for 3 months now.

11. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is isn't a debate. I don't need to defend internet dating because there's nothing inherently "good" or "bad" about it, it's just a medium, and as long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, I don't see the productiveness of passing judgement on these people's "thirst." I mean, you are entitled to your own opinion and you are certainly free to make all the generalizations you want, what I'm wondering is what's the point of it? What are you getting at here?

Yes, that's true for every other poster in this thread with the exception of the OP. His wording just reeks of slut-shaming. Even the title of the thread sounds derogatory. If his intent was to have a sensible discussion on the subject of meeting people online for sex or what have you, he should take a cue or two from everyone else here who managed to share their own experiences (both good and bad) without painting all the guys looking to meet up online with the same brush, nor looking down on others for what they decide to do with their sex lives.

12. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You obviously love to argue.:lol:

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2015 at 07:55 AM ----------

I actually met a nice guy once online, we went to his parents house to hang out, I talk to him occasionally but we're are in different colleges so we are kinda busy.

13. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Believe it or not, I'm relieved this isn't gonna turn into an argument. I just wanted to let you know that you could have been a bit more considerate with the way you approached the subject. That's all.

I'm glad you did have at least one positive experience with meeting people online. Hopefully it won't be the only one.

#13 RawringSnake, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  14. Chicagoblue

By taking my time and requiring dialogue (via text email or phone) I've avoided the "dodgy" meetups and have met some wonderful people.

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have.

In those situations, you need to keep your wits about you, and don't rush into things - especially if this entire thing is new to you. Talk to them first, exchange messages, try to get to know them a little bit - even if there is no intention of a long-term thing, it's still nice to know the person you might meet later on. Don't divulge addresses, and I wouldn't really recommend giving away your phone number willy nilly (though I have a habit of doing so anyway because I don't really care.. lol).

Also, request to see a picture of their face - no exceptions. If they refuse to give you a picture of their face, they are probably hiding something. You do get a lot of closeted guys who don't want to expose themselves, but these people are often more trouble than they're worth, especially if they claim to be straight, have girlfriends or something else.

If you eventually decide to meet them, do so in a public area - go to a cafe or something, have a drink, and see what they are like. Let someone know where you are, in case anything should happen. Also, trust your gut - if you feel uneasy or unsafe, just leave. You have no obligation to do anything with anyone.

Like the above person, I've met some really nice people in a large variety of areas - including online - you just need to weed out the losers, creeps, weirdos and other unsavoury characters.

#15 imnotreallysure, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  16. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never meet anyone on the internet in person for any purpose whatsoever. It is incredibly dangerous, and it should not be done. I never could imagine doing such a thing, and I would strongly advise anyone else not to. If you are using the internet to meet anyone for sexual purposes, it is even more dangerous. The risks drastically outweigh the "reward" (to me doing anything sexual with a stranger wouldn't exactly be a reward). Believe me, it's a very bad idea.