1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moles?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Dazed, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Dazed

Dazed Guest

ok i hvae a mole on my shoulder that i thought was a freckle..but it really itches...is that normal?

i spent alot of time in the sun this summer...more then i ever had before..so i didnt really care about the freckles..

2. KaraBulut

What color is the mole? Is it even and round? Does it bleed?

3. Dazed

Dazed Guest

kind of darker oeangeish..

4. KaraBulut

You should have a dermatologist look at it then.

5. Gumtree

Hey KB

I have skin thing I would like to ask about aswel.

About a year ago I had a freckle (it had always been there) on my arm.

It was flat and a dark brown is a pretty smooth oval shape.

But oneday it turned into an itchy lump like a mozzie bite or something (that could well of what it could have been) it turned into a typical bite/sore except took like 2 months to heal, except - to this day; it is still a lump, it is now the same color as the the rest of my skin now. It also grows little hairs that are darker and thicker (like a mole does).

Not so much as worried about it, but more annoyed as it is the only noticeable spot on my skin ><

6. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My Mother Had Something Like That Where She Thought It Was Just A Freckle And It Slowly Grew And It Itched All The Time. She Finally Decided To Go See A Doctor About It And It Turned Out To Be Melenoma (A Common Skin Disease).

I Am Not Saying You Have Anything To Worry About But You Might Want To Ask Someone You Know With A Medical Background Or Go See A Dermatologist. But Who Knows, It Could Just Be A Regular Mole. I Have A Few Moles Myself, They Don't Itch And They Are Not Growing So I Won't Worry About Them.

Good Luck.

7. thespanishheart

Usually the signs are itchiness, irregular shape (not smooth edges), red color showing irritation, bleeding, as well as a few others. Those are the most common. It doesn't hurt to have a dermatologist have a look and take a sample if necessary. I had a few done. I'm not outside so much, but some of them were bothersome becuase they'd get stuck on clothes and such (OUCH!)

8. KaraBulut

In this case, it sounds like you might have gotten a bite on the area where your mole was and that accounts for the change.

As we get older, our skin gets more freckles, moles and scaly areas. These are all normal findings.

The changes that we worry about are gradual most of the time. Any mole that changes color- usually getting darker, gets larger, goes from round to irregular shaped or begins to bleed and won't heal- these are all things that your doctor should check.

9. randombelle

Just go to the docors to have it checked out. I'm sure it's nothing bad. But it's better to be safe than sorry

10. Urman

Urman Guest

You should definitely make sure that its nothing serious go to the doctor and get that checked out.

11. cm25

cm25 Guest

i had the same thing so i went to the dermatologist and they said that it was a rare form of skin cancer or somethin and i prolly got it from mexico cuz i dont wear sun screen haha. I dont burn i just tan so i didnt really get the point... and now i do. they removed it along with anything on my body that looked remotely like a mole.... OWWWWW! i was sore for weeks. good luck!