1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding Complications? :(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DreamerBoy17, Sep 14, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've binded using two layered sports bras almost daily for the past 3ish months. I've followed all the recommendations, like not wearing them for over 8 hours or during exercise. But today I had some difficulty breathing and got a strange cough, wet almost. Now I'm sort of worried. Am I doing something wrong? Should I take a break? I want a real binder, this isn't that great, but unfortunately this isn't an option I have. If it counts for anything, I'm about a B cup. Thanks! :/

2. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you should take a break or try only using one sports bra for a while. Be really careful, I don't want you to get hurt <3

3. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely take a break if you're having any kind of chest-related issues. It's hard to tell if this would be binding-related or not - it could be unrelated, but regardless it's best not to bind if you're having chest troubles in general (I quit binding if I get chesty colds, for example).

Look after yourself, as SergeantKilljoy said stick to a single sports bra for now. Here's hoping it's just a regular gross chesty cough coming on and not a binding injury. D:

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do the same thing as you do, with the two sports bras and all.
    I can't tell if it's binding related or not, but to be safe I too would recommend to take a break. Even if the cough isn't related to the binding, if there's too much pressure on the chest it could make it worse. See what happens in a few days and if you feel better. Just a random suggestion I'll toss out- If you can find a type of sports bra that you can adjust tightness with (eg the type with more than one hook/clasp...if that makes sense), then you could maybe try those in the future, and some days have them less tight than others if you're comfortable with that.
    Wish you all the best.

5. Calix

Remember to have a good cough everyday after removing them, as this prevents any possible build up of fluid in the lungs.