1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Developing Insomnia?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Time, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Time

I believe I might be developing insomnia.

I have been awake for 20 hours now, with just a brief 15 minute nap that I woke from abruptly.
    A couple hours ago, I felt exhausted and actually was falling asleep, but kept waking up violently. One time I actually thought I heard a deep voice mumble, and I freaked out.
    But now, I'm not tired at all. I feel the need to sleep, but I just can't do it.
    Last night, I laid in bed for hours, feeling tired, but not able to fall asleep at all.
    I'm getting pretty worried. School today was ok; towards the end of the day I began to feel drained, but overall, I didn't do too bad.

Sorry my thoughts are a bit scattered here. My whole brain is.
    What do I do about this? =/

2. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Maybe you should try some sort of sleeping pill.

Obviously, do it the right way, take the recommended dose, and only take it when you have a full 8 hours to devote to sleeping.

When I take anything (which isn't often) I take it like an hour before I need to go to sleep, and then I being to feel drowsy and such. It can really help.

3. Time

I've tried sleeping pills before, and they usually don't seem to have much of an effect on me. Plus, I usually don't have the recommended number of hours to devote to sleeping.

4. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Tried Melatonin? That seems to work pretty well for me.

5. nametakenagain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had terrible insomina for years. I've tried melatonin; it did nothing. I tried some strong prescribed sleeping pills; they did nothing. I tried double dosing those pills; still nothing. As it turns out I may have sleep apnea as a result of my deviated septum.

So I guess my advice to you is if you find melatonin and/if prescription pills don't work the problem may have to do with breathing.

Alternatively are you just stressed or excited about something atm? That may mean your brain just can't shut down atm.

6. randombelle

are you stressed atm? I went through a phase where I couldnt sleep because I was stressd.