1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting my period this month again...?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by galaxygia, Sep 20, 2015.

1. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I have been having my periods regularly with no problems since February 2014 and now for some reason it has gone all out of wack. I had my last period at the beginning of this month (like the 8th or something) and it ended on like the 12th or 13th I can't really remember. Now I'm getting it. AGAIN.

Does this happen to a lot of people? Is it a side effect of starting school again and syncing up with other girls? (I remember my crush and one of my friends have their period at this time of the month so maybe I'm syncing with them?) Or do I need to ask my mom if we can see the doctor?

#1 galaxygia, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. judecats

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had that happen before... a couple times, actually, in the first couple years getting it. My advice (I am in no way a professional), it's probably your body adjusting to new stress and a new schedule.
    Especially if you started menstruating in the last couple years, this kind of thing would not surprise me at all. I saw my doctor for the same issue and she said it was totally normal. A year after starting, I actually had a five month time without menstruating at all and it too was nothing. The body does crazy things when it's regulating your cycle (which, as stated, can take a few years).
    With that being said, I would wait it out a little bit. If in the next couple months things straighten out again, it was probably nothing. If you keep having periods very close together you may want to talk to your doctor just to make sure. If nothing else, you may get a little low on iron, haha.
    Best of luck :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 20th Sep 2015 at 11:41 AM ----------

Sidenote: I'm pretty sure period syncing is a myth, lol. Gonna look that up. Hm.

3. TraceElement

In the first 2 or so years of getting your cycle, you can get randomly timed periods. I have seen "first hand" cycles syncing. Stress and diet can also affect cycles, so I wouldn't worry about it right now, but if it happens again with periods close together or far apart check with your doctor.

4. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys! It's good to know that it's normal. (I figured so but I wasn't really sure)

(Also: Periods syncing is a very disputed thing but I think it might be true, I shall investigate further)