1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oral sex std?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by just31689, Sep 24, 2015.

1. just31689

so heres the situation, i have never had sex with many people just 2 in my life. on monday i stupidly went on craigslist and found an ad of a guy wanting to meet up at a love shop and perform mutual oral and handjobs. i so stupidly went to meet him there and we started jerking eachother off and i started to blow him for about 2 to 3 minutes and started jerking him off again untill he came. after he came he wiped his cock off and i soooo stipudly sucked on it again for about 10 to 20 seconds. the part i am really worried about is the fact that in the very same morning, i had brushed my teeth with a homemeade whitener made of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. well, it really really burned the skin underneath my tongue but i hadnt felt the pain untill a day later from that burn.

now i know that the reason the skin underneath my toungue is in pain is because of that whitening remedy, but my big fear is how possible is it that i get hiv or an std during that time of exposure? i have read many things about cuts in the mouth and soares and to avoid contact if you have any but my burn was really fresh and it hadnt hurt untill the next day. the problem is that i had sex with a girl the next day and it was purely spontaneous and now i am getting really really worried i might have given her something.

has anyone had any similar experiences and made it out ok? i know that the chances of getting hiv through oral is slim but how slim is it really? and people always say its a greater chance if you have a cut. but what about a burn like i had? i am obviously going to get tested and i really regret that i did this. needless to say it will never happen again but now i cant sleep or even eat properly because i am so worried.
    how long should i wait before i go and get tested? is it pointless for me to go 4 days after or should i wait a week or two?
    the guy told me he was hiv neg and drug and disease free but i am a hypochondriac and just cant get over the what ifs. i have asked him afterwards through email if he was clean probably every morning since because i am that worried and he has surprisingly respndedly nicely and told me he is clean with a gf and they just got tested a month ago and both were clean and have been together for 6 years. but then why did they have to get tested?
    i still dont know what to beleive but i would really be greatful and appreciate some advice on how long to wait or even hear about someone elses experiences similar to this.
    once again i know i am an idiot

2. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You shouldn't really blame yourself, to begin with.
    Chances of contracting any STD from a single encounter are slim, from what most studies show. Chances to get STD from oral vary, but contracting -HIV- through oral rarely happens. It's technically possible, just rarely that's the case. You can pretty much google and see some official statistics.
    As a side note - don't trust anyone that hooks up with you and tells you "I got tested, don't worry". Bad idea.
    As for testing yourself, I suggest you go to a doctor now and explain him the situation. He'll tell you which STDs can be caught right away or prevented with just few pills. Some STDs require a longer period to be detected - atlest 2 weeks or so.

I wish you all the best, and don't freak out! From what I've seen here many people go through this! There's nothign shameful, bad and it never ends badly. Aside from ruining your health with this stress and over-thinking :slight_smile:

3. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Go get tested, you can never be too cautious with STDs. That and always use protection in this case he should wear a condom when you give him oral sex. I would go tomorrow. ASAP is always best. You probably shouldn't have used that mixture as regular old toothpaste would have been just fine. Your chances of getting HIV through oral are smaller but it can happen, like i said, always take precautions. You learned your lesson and that's good just do this and make sure you're ok, and don't worry too much. JUST DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd suggest getting a full panel test. The concern isn't so much about HIV... though transmission is possible, it's pretty rare from a single oral encounter.

The bigger concern is about chlamydia, syphillis, or gonorrhea, all of which are easily transmitted, but equally easily curable. I don't believe there's much of a wait time for accurate results for those... few days at most.

For HIV, the common rapid test is looking for antibodies, and that can take 30-60 days. The rapid test is over 90% accurate at 30 days, and about 97% at 60 days. You can get the more expensive PCR test which is accurate at about 15 days, but (a) it is expensive, and (b) it's likely pretty unnecessary here as the risk is pretty low.

Please do take this as a lesson learned. The challenge is, when you get horny, your brain gets hijacked by the sexual arousal. If you can remember to do so, masturbate when that happens and it should take most of the immediate pressing desire away. If it doesn't, then you may be dealing with a deeper more psychological need, which can be addressed in therapy.

5. just31689

o believe me i will never ever do anything this wreckless again. is there a period of time after getting tested that you are not allowed to get tested again? as if i got tested tommorrow and i wanted to get tested in 5 more days is that ok? has anyone here ever given unprotected oral with cuts or burns in the mouth?
    i appreciate the responses. this is easily the biggest mistake i have ever made in my life and i already worry so much about regular life that this is just eating every part of me

6. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes getting tested tommorow and five days later is ok, no there is no period of testing after which you cannot get tested again. I gave oral to my bf, he was my first same-sex partner. That was my first giving oral and i forgot to make sure he had a condom on, which became a nasty mouthful. I' sure some went down, since i couldn't spit it all out. I learned my lesson. I got tested the next day then 7 days (a week) after to be absolutely sure. I never did that again. I didn't have a cut in my mouth though.