1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shame and Fear and Nasty

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by losinit, Sep 25, 2015.

1. losinit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'M FUCKING TERRIFIED.
    All of a sudden, I've got this raging sex drive. I constantly feel the need to like orgasm or something, and it's starting to get weirder and weirder with how my body wants that to happen. I have had 0 sex drive until maybe a couple months ago, I don't know where it came from, it could just be really late puberty but I had nothing and all of a sudden I have it constantly. And I'm 18. So how the hell does that make sense. And it makes me feel gross and nasty and disgusting and scared, I hate having it, I hate having to take care of it, I hate constantly thinking about these things, I want to get rid of my sex drive but I don't know how, there's nothing out there cuz everyone else just loves having a sex drive and sex but honestly I still feel incredibly sex repulsed even though I also feel like I need to have like sex and stuff and I'm so fucking scared and grossed out and I just want all this to go away, but it won't no matter how hard I try to resist it. I thought some ADD meds were screwing with me but I've been off them for about a month and a half now and it hasn't gotten any better. It doesn't even come from being turned by someone/something, it's just right the fuck out of nowhere and it scares me so much and I hate having it and trying to fucking plan my life around it. I just need it to leave and god, it's just so gross, but it's not supposed to be? But I can't see myself ever being in a place of liking this without an intense feeling of shame and guilt and generally being digested by this. I want it gone. Does anyone else have a similar experience to this? Does anyone know how to get rid of a sex drive? PLEASE HELP

#1 losinit, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  2. AshleyDi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
  3. losinit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A. I am not active at all, and don't want to be, so that's not a problem. At least, not like having sex with other people, but I do... ya know... take care of things on my own
    B. Thank you for the link, but my problem is that I literally was so No Sex Ever that I identified as completely sex repulsed asexual. It came super strong out of nowhere all in one day, and it's not even attraction to people, it's just my dumbass vagina going STICK SOMETHING IN ME ALREADY and me going nuuuuuu I don't want to. It's not fun or enjoyable, and I just don't want a sex drive period. I want a way to get rid of this, but I'm getting scared it's only getting worse

4. Willa

This is totally normal! Relax! The more you stress about it, the worse you'll feel.

5. losinit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can not put in to words how much I can't just not stress about it. IT'S VERY STRESSFUL. It feels so disgusting and I can't make that go away, I just want to stop feeling this, especially since I think that even if I wanted to, I'd feel too guilty if I ever had sex anyways (though not sure if I'd ever want to), so if this could just go away that would be best for everybody involved. It's scary and I hate this.

6. scouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is that makes you feel fearful and disgusted? I mean, you don't have to answer that on here if you don't want to obviously, but maybe it would help to explore that. I say this because the arousal you're experiencing, it's totally normal and in that respect it's going to be very hard to force away or ignore. Maybe if you can deal with the root of why you're finding a natural, normal experience so discomforting, then you can find ways to help you adjust and cope with it in a more positive way.

7. Lifeafter30

Lifeafter30 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What makes me feel gross about it is I'm constantly looking for men to hook up with and there are none. I'm in a category all of my own. Mentally ill, overweight, very mean looking, suspicious looking, and paranoid. So if the guy doesn't follow all of MY rules for a hook up - like immediately giving me his phone number and address, then nothing will come of the hook up. And I've only had two guys out of who knows how many actually do that - one was geriatric and possibly HIV infected and the other reneged on the whole thing via text while I was outside his door. Both are failures. Lesson learned is stay away from Craigslist. But I don't think I can - I'm so desperate for another man to touch me I'd consider making myself sick just so it could happen. I feel like my life is passing me by anyway. And it's more than half over.

8. yeehaw

Hey there losinit. I think the first best thing you can do is explore the possibility of doing your very best to just allow your (very normal) sex drive to exist. You don't have to like it, just allow it. Also (for now anyway) allow all of your disgust and other feelings about it to exist. Allow your desire for it to go away to exist too, without fighting it. Does it feel possible at all for you to take on the role of observing your sex drive, and observing your disgust, and observing your desire for it to go away but from a little bit of a distance?

This may sound crazy and useless to you, but when I'm freaking out about something it does help me to just watch it, to allow it ALL to be there, to stop fighting with it and it just watch it.

Also getting in touch with a therapist is probably a good idea too if that's at all possible.

My very best to you.