1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tired all the time! Mono?????

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by cm25, Jan 7, 2009.

1. cm25

cm25 Guest

ok so like i am always tired. I almost pass out like throughout classes and stuff. Well a teacher talked to me about it and i told him idk why but im always tired and im getting enough sleep. And so my friend just jokingly was like, oh hey maybe you have mono!!! haha. and i was like, psh you need to kiss someone to get that..... then i remembered the new years eve party. you probably read my post in the support, maybe not but w.e. so i made out with this girl on new years idk why it all happened rily fast but i dont rily know who it is. like could she have mono and gave it to me maybe? well like how can you tell if you have mono, are there any warnings or like symptoms other than tiredness and how do i get rid of it. I dont really want to go to a doctor because my mom will find out and i dont want her to know i have mono because when my cousin had mono she like shunned her for months. what do i do!?!?!?!?!?:bang:

2. Amy

Amy

Check with the school nurse before you talk to your parents. They will know more.

3. cm25

cm25 Guest

we dont have a school nurse :frowning2:

4. crystaltriforce

what the hell crappy school do you go to!!?

5. cm25

cm25 Guest

lol i live in a small town and we have a hospital right next to our school though so if anything is wrong they just call our parents and tell them theyre sendin us over there

6. crystaltriforce

oh, then you should go to the hospital if you don't have a family doctor..

7. cm25

cm25 Guest

i do its just like, can they tell my parents?

8. crystaltriforce

well there is doctor patient confidentiality but i don't know the exact details when it comes to minors. besides you could have possibly got mono because someone was drinking from the water fountain with their mouth too close to it.

9. cm25

cm25 Guest

ya i could just hope that if i go with my parents the doctor suggests that or somethin else but idk could i just like not do anything and itll go away or like idk

10. epiphanies

Yes, Mono is nicknamed the "kissing disease", but you don't have to get it from kissing. You can get it from any transfer of saliva. Someone could have shared a drink, taken a bite of your food, or even sneezed and you could catch it.

You should probably go to the doctor to get things checked out. You may have mono or could be anemic (low iron). There are many reasons to be tired all the time, but the only way to really know is to go to the doctor.

11. Jim1454

Ok - that's just dumb. Your mom 'shunned' her neice for having mono? How completely uneducated is she?

You don't have to have kissed someone to have caught mono. I got it when I was in my mid 20s and have no idea where I caught it. I do know why though - I was completely and totally stressed out and run down. There were a bunch of things going on in my life.

However, it's more than just general tiredness though - I think. For me, I thought I had a massive throat infection / flu. I'd rest and start to feel better, but as soon as I went back to work I'd feel horrible again - REALLY horrible. My throat was so sore I could hardly swallow water, never mind food.

This obviously isn't something chronic - you've only potentially had it since Jan 1?!? I'd say you likely wore yourself out over the holidays and now you're in 'catch up' mode. So get EXTRA sleep. If you're still dead tired and getting 10 hours of sleep a night after 2 weeks, THEN you've got something to worry about.

12. wallflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    With glandular fever (mono) you generally get a sore throat and the glands in your body get swollen, like the glands under your arms for instance. You would also have fever.

13. Trumpetplyer23

My friend caught mono last August. Her boyfriend didn't have it (though we made a joke out of it, lol). She got it from someone sneezing on her.

She didn't get it checked out soon enough so she was really sick, like she was hooked up to IVs in a hospital for about a week. She couldn't do ANY form of physical activity that would require cardio, because of her lungs.

Get it checked out.

14. cm25

cm25 Guest

ya i think i mite as well just tell my mom and go in to see. then if it is mono then ask the doctor to tell us about how you get it, to help my mom out haha. and if it isnt, thats one thing off my mind! thanks everyone!

15. KaraBulut

Let us know what you find out from the doctor.

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You don't need to mention mono or anything else to her now. Just tell her some of the symptoms and that you are going to the doctor to get it checked out. Then she won't get agitated about it being mono or whatever before you get a diagnosis.

17. randombelle

could it be stress? change in diet? etc. it could be anything. Do you have any other symptoms?

18. cm25

cm25 Guest

well i have exams coming up but i dont think thats it cuz i havnt even studied for them yet it doesnt really stress me out. I have been really busy lately maybe thats just it. Um idk if i have any other symptoms.... i have fainting spells but thats always happened its not anything major. idk i made an appointment for sunday so ill be able to see then, and i took ur advic paul. It worked wondors haha. I told her i was always tired and i didnt know why so i should go get it checked out and she was fine with it.

19. limfjord96

its probably not mono, and it might be more like a melatonin inbalance. If you dont get enough exposure to sunlight your body has trouble regulating melatonin (which is the hormone for skin pigmentation and also helps regulate our cyrcadian rythm) so basically your clock battery is running slow. You can get herbal suppliments (vitamins) and they should help. If it is mono, you would have body aches and extreme muscle fatigue as well as sleepiness, and you need to go to a doctor sooner than later, bc mono is no good, a simple blood test will tell. let me know how it turns out

20. cm25

cm25 Guest

so i went to the doctor and it turns out that it wasnt mono, but instead i have a rily bad cold. Like wtf but he said i have the rhoda (i hope i spelled it rite) virus and it hasnt attacked my stomach or something until last week but it attacked my immune system causing it to fail making me suseptable to the cold and thats why i have been really tired and all that because i had a cold lol all this for a cold but he gave me medicine for the virus and im on an IV rite now cuz i havnt eaten in a week and a half. lol thanx for all youre guys' help :icon_wink