1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unprotected Sex and Hepatitis C

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by seanbypass, Sep 29, 2015.

1. seanbypass

seanbypass Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys, this is my second time posting here. The previous post was talking about my fears of HIV and unprotected sex. About a month ago I had unprotected sex with this 22 year old guy. I'm 19. I've just had a conclusive result for my HIV test and I'm negative for HIV. But just as I got relieved from one, I tend to get anxious about another STDs. I'm now really worried about contracting Hepatitis C. I know it is rare to get Hepatitis C from sexual contact but I'm still worried. When I've got my conclusive HIV test, I was also tested for Hepatitis C and it shows that I'm negative. This only means that about 4 months before my unprotected sexual contact I don't have Hepatitis C. I'm really anxious now as I'm currently facing some symptoms of Hepatitis C, such as sore muscle, very mild joint pain (last week, not anymore), and itchy skin (they tend to bump after I scratch it). I also noticed that I'm having a second bruise today, where I did not hurt myself at all. I haven't had a bruise for some time. Throughout the sexual contact, there was no condom nor lubricant used (only spit). After that I went to the toilet and I noticed that there was a little blood in my anal fluid and I suppose that it is my blood, but I was pretty sure that he wasn't bleeding, and there was no ejaculation. He told me that everyone in his cousin's family has Hepatitis C, but that does not mean that he has it too, because his parents doesn't have Hepatitis C. He also said that he always practice safe sex, except when he has sex with his boyfriend. He told me not to worry but I was told that majority of Hepatitis C infected people don't show any symptoms. Although I'm no longer worried about HIV but now I'm really anxious about Hepatitis C. I won't be able to get tested for Hepatitis C again until around December or January of next year. I don't think I can survive this anxiety till then. I really regret of having unprotected sex (don't know why I'm so stupid to do it and now putting myself in anxiety for about a month and still counting) and I sworn that I will be extremely careful in what I do in the future. Sorry for the long thread but I really wish that I can get some help here :help: . Thank you for your time! :icon_sad:

2. seanbypass

seanbypass Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    By the way, today is the 28th day (exact 4th week) of potential exposure. I'm not sure if symptoms shows up so early (around 3rd week) but I googled and found out that it takes about 2 weeks to 6 months, average of 6-7 weeks. I'm really confused now as I have mild scoliosis which might cause pain around my body at times, which I don't know if it is my backbone causing the pain or is it Hepatitis C?