1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 pounds.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Alex768, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Alex768

I'm 5'8" and 146, would it be healthy to lose that amount with my BMI and stuff? If not, how much would it be healthy to lose with my weight and height?

Also, any techniques on how to achieve this goal? ^^

2. randombelle

Hey, Seeing as your bmi is currently around 22.2 it seems as though it is within the normal weight range. If you were to lose the 15 pounds,your bmi would drop to approximately 19.9. 18.5 is the bmi for an underweight person. and having a bmi of 19.9 is very close. You dont NEED to lose the weight. Your fine as you are. However, if you feel that losing the weight will make you feel lot better lose a bit. But don't push it too far. Lose it sensibly and just don't go over the top. If your not happy with your body at the moment. Why don't you try going out to do some more exercise. That way you'll be tining your body and enharncing your appearence instead of getting down to an almost unhealthy weight. Remember, even though you're not overweight, it's better to be 10 pounds over weight than 10 pouds under weight.

3. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Theres nothing unhealthy about it - thats basically my weight/height. That said, while I don't hate my weight I wouldn't mind gaining some back.

4. Urman

Urman Guest

We also need age to be able to help this is also another important factor to know in order to help you.From what we know know it sounds like your in great shape.But as i said before it also depends on your age i wouldn't be to worried but here are some tips Run on a treadmill for at least 30 mins every day or every other depends how you were out your schedule also doing a little body toning with weights can help also very light weights you are aiming for reps not the weight.Also doing push ups and sit ups will help build your body tone.

5. Alex768

Thank you all very much for the replies.

Well, I'm 17. I just kind of have a gut and some love handles that I would like to Houdini away. I know I'm a healthy weight, but for some reason I'm really self-conscious.

6. justme003

justme003 Guest

Weight has nothing to do with. Tone that shit up. Start running or riding your bike. Push ups, pull ups, Crunches. There's plenty of stuff you can find to do that will tone you up at your own pace. Trying to lose weight with diets isnt healthy. Healthy eating habits and excercise is key.

7. KaraBulut

Losing 15 pounds for a 17 year old with your height/weight is not going to be healthy. You're not wanting to lose weight as much are you are wanting to get a more lean look on your stomach. The best way to do that is to put on a little more muscle while you burn off the fat.

Just losing weight isn't going to give you the flat tummy and leaner look that you're wanting.

Weight in men is very misleading. Most of the time, I try to get guys to focus more on their measurements (chest, waist buttocks) and less on the number they see on the scale. Another good index is the Percentage Body Fat measurement which tells you how much of your weight is body fat.

The picture below gives you an idea of why knowing your measurements and body fat percentage are more revealing. The picture shows what 5 pounds of fat and 5 pounds of muscle look like. A pound of fat takes up 3 times as much space as a pound of muscle.
    [​IMG]

For example, if at 146 pounds you lose 5 pounds of fat and gain 5 pounds of muscle at the same time, you're going to look a lot smaller even though you weight the same amount -146 pounds.

8. Alex768

Thanks Kara! I have vowed to start an exercise regime with my friends, and I already eat very healthy, so I think I'm on the right track.

9. Arty

Arty Guest

my bmi is 18.3... :icon_sad:

10. randombelle

thats not good! try putting on some weight. eat more and also exercise. eve when your not trying to lose weight, you should increase exercise because you build muscle.

11. Arty

Arty Guest

it's not all THAT bad, i mean, people are scared to tickle me because they feel my ribs... ok it's not that great either ...