1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rapid mood swings

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by bassboss, Oct 6, 2015.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been having rapid mood swings like I'll be happy and nice one secant but the next I'm deppresed and irritable they will happen a lot like I'll already have had two in like in 20 min its affecting my social life and really scarey please help

2. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi :slight_smile: Mood Swings, can be a normal response to certain conditions such as stress, anxiety, perceived value of self-esteem, alterations in sleeping patterns and can be even triggered by situational factors. However, the type of mood swings elicited by these type of triggers must remain mild to moderate at most. However, if alternations between the elation and depressive moods become disruptive. Or if you notice a pattern developing it is best that you seek advice from a competent and licensed Psychiatrist. Mood Swings if indeed serious, disruptive and hinders certain aspects of you activities of daily living may indicate the presence of certain human conditions such as but not limited to--- Hormonal Disorders, Mood Disorders, Mental Disorders, Neurologic Disorders, Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Neurodegenerative Disorders and use and consumption of certain substances (Anabolic Steroids, Alcohol, Drugs). It is important therefor that if indeed your Mood Swings becomes bothersome, enough to hinder you social life. That you seek medical attention. The Psychiatrist or Doctor in this case will assess you for other supporting signs and symptoms before a diagnosis is made.

3. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those things you listed seem to be what is happening to me I have been extremely stressed and anxious due to school but my anxiety has been diagnosed by a doctor and I do take meds for

#3 bassboss, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015