1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to be anerexic

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by bassboss, Oct 7, 2015.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to stop eating all together but I don't have the will power to do it like I'll say this is my last meal next thing I know it I'm having lunch I just want to stop eating so I'll not be 130 pounds over weight

2. Distant Echo

No you don't.
    What you want to do is eat a healthy diet and do moderate exercise.:icon_wink

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This might sound like an obvious question, but have you already tried diet and exercise? It can take time to see any results and that's one reason why people become discouraged and slip back into less healthy habits.

I don't wish to appear critical, but anorexia is a very serious eating disorder and not something to indulge in on a whim or because you want to (for weight loss or any other reason).

4. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did the math literally I actually calculated my weight gain and my wight loss and I learned that even if I have perfect diet and exercise I will never in my entire life be normall weight I'm a lost cause

#4 bassboss, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  5. Distant Echo

Did you factor in growth?

6. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes

#6 bassboss, Oct 7, 2015
  7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand that you have done the math, but have you actually tried a diet and exercise program? It may not achieve perfect results, but if you persevere with it and begin to see some progress it can be inspiring and do a lot to boost your confidence, self esteem and general mood. When you have that sort of motivation you may be surprised at what you can achieve. If you are really struggling to see a way forward could you consult a dietician and/or fitness coach for advice and support?

Reading and calculating is one thing, but doing and persevering is the only way to really discover any potential gain from weight loss. Anorexia is definitely not the way to go.

8. Yosia

I want to know what method you used to calculate this, because even on a simple diet and exercise, you would have to be thousands of pounds in weight to never be normal in your life.

----------

I am living proof that with perseverance, dedication and willpower, you can lose however much weight you want, without starving yourself.

Besides, I want to scold you for wishing to be anorexic, I get really upset if anyone says they want to have a mental disorder, because the people who do suffer with mental disorders will have mental scars left from it even when they do recover. You wouldn't say you want to be schizophrenic or depressed would you? So why sould you say you want to be anorexic.

That aside, just find a diet and exercise regime that you will be able to stick to and then you will lose weight. Starving yourself may work for a week or two, but then your body decides to use muscle cells for its energy because it's more efficient to keep your body functioning, therefore you aren't losing fat, but just getting weaker and weaker until the inevitable happens.

I wish you the best of luck, but seek out proper advice if you need to. ^^

9. mouse346

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with the replies above.

Anorexia is a serious illness with a high mortality rate and it ruins the lives of not only the people who suffer through it but all of the people around them who care for them. It's not a choice.

I recommend trying to re-calculate. It seems impossible that a diet and exercise regime wouldn't ever work. It just takes dedication and perseverance, and you can do it.

10. White Rose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Agree with all of them.
    Exercise and a good diet are the keys, but also perseverence and believing in yourself and in what you're doing.
    Also, if you think to have problem with eating, why wanting another eating disorder? Which is by far more dangerous than the first, by the way.
    So, don't give up so easily before even trying and don't let pessimism and some strange calculations prevent you from succeeding.
    And there's always professional help if you feel not capable by yourself.
    You CAN do it.
    Good luck! :slight_smile:

11. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Diet is arguably the best way to go. I was lazy at first (maybe also due to the weight) so exercise felt like a chore. But I managed to cut out certain aliments from my usual diet and got the point where eating both healthy and (relatively) little were routine.

12. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wishing you had anorexia and calculating the way you've done sounds like a disordered relationship to your body and food. I would not recommend restricting your diet without advising a doctor.

Two questions to think about:

How much time a day do you spend on thinking about what/when/how you will eat?
    How much time a day do you spend on thinking about your body?

If those kind of thoughts are taking over your life, it's a symptom of an eating disorder.

You don't have to be skinny to have an eating disorder. You don't have to starve yourself to have an eating disorder.

Some things to keep in mind:
    - Food isn't scary, eating disorders are.
    - Food tastes better than skinny feels.
    - Food is not something you have to "deserve".
    - Food is not something you "treat" yourself.
    - Food is simply something you need to eat to stay alive.

I wouldn't wish an eating disorder on my worst enemy. I had an active eating disorder about three years ago, and it was absolute hell. The thing is, an eating disorders alters how your brain functions. My brain is still disordered even though I'm not "sick". But I always have to be careful to avoid a relapse.

You might think that I'm overreacting, but better safe than sorry.

Just take care of yourself and don't push yourself too hard, okay?

(*hug*)

13. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I literally can't deal with this I'm only 13 years old and 250 pounds this is he'll like I actually hate my self. I hate myself as much as any of you hate your worst enemy and so what if I die Il be done with this life then I'll go to actually hell because of how terrible I am I just want to loss alot of weight but even if I loss all that weight I'll still have a bad personality a horrible face and nothing under my name. I just want to leave and go nowhere but then I couldnt help anyone and I'll be even more worthless But I'll be worth something to someone and my parents won't they miss me they may be sad if I'm gone and they do love me now and I'm not perfect now I do deserve to live I'm great I love my self but I'm still worthless and I'm not perfect so why do I deserve to live and my parents don't even know the real me so how do they love me if they don't know what there loving

#13 bassboss, Oct 7, 2015
  14. Yosia

Noone is 'worthless', noone at all.

You are 13, that means that you will be able to lose weight a whole lot quicker than most adults if you do it correctly. Therefore you should try to start while you can and make the most of your teen years when your metabolism is at it's highest.

While you may think you have a 'bad personality' there are many people who will think otherwise, and you may even learn to love yourself too.

"I'm not perfect so why do I deserve to live?" - This quote is so silly it's untrue. Noone is perfect, absolutely noone. Define perfect. I am certain that the definition will change for everyone, that is why noone can be perfect, because everyone is different.

Lastly, your parents and many others will love you because while you say 'they don't know what they're loving', they love you as a whole and don't care about what they do or don't know. Hell, I learn more about my best friend every day but I love her to pieces.

You can do this, just keep a positive attitude about it and don't be afraid to ask your parents, friends or professionals for help.

15. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looking back at what I said I see that I kinda broke myself down then built myself up then broke myself down again and a lot of things I said weren't true and I do see how what the person above me is right

#15 bassboss, Oct 7, 2015
  16. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

I don't know if you realize how strong you actually are! I admire you a lot. You created this thread, reaching out for help. That takes a lot of courage! You've taken a major step! Let's just take a moment to appreciate that.

You write yourself that losing the weight won't solve anything. At thirteen you shouldn't go on a diet! And you shouldn't do that later either, unless it's recommended by a doctor, but that's beside the point.

I refuse to agree with you about having a bad personality. That's not true. Just from this thread, you've shown several positive traits. As already stated, you've shown courage! And you've shared your vulnerabilities, which is an awesome thing to be able to do. You also knew you needed some kind of help, and created this thread. That, shows willpower. What couldn't a combination of courage, vulnerability and willpower do?

But hey, I get it, it's difficult to love yourself in a world that constantly tells you not to.

As for having nothing under your name, who does at thirteen? I sure as hell didn't! Not that I have much now either. Give yourself a break. Surviving should be on top of your priority list, anything else should come second. "Having something under your name" will come with time. It doesn't affect your worth.

You are, indeed, worth something. Just by existing, you do, in fact, have a worth. You don't have to do anything to get a worth. It's there, you're stuck with it, whether you like it or not.

Your parents sure as hell would miss you if and be very sad if you were gone. They love you, you said so yourself. They love you, with the imperfections, because without those imperfections, it wouldn't be you. Who cares for perfection? Isn't it those cracks and rough edges that makes a person, just that, a person?

Let me quote you now:
    "I do deserve to live I'm great I love my self"
    Heck yes you deserve to live. Heck yes you're great! Heck yes for self love!

I believe in you. You, my friend, have so much potential.
    (*hug*)

17. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you but I really don't even know what I am like what type of person can't say a sentence without having a mood swing. Or what boy paints their nails at 13 even tho people make fun of them I'm different and not in a good way and the only reason I eat is because I have nothing to do and no friends to hang with

#17 bassboss, Oct 7, 2015
  18. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's good that you're understanding that.

I've lost weight in unhealthy ways, and it's not pleasant. I never was anorexic but I was uncomfortable with my body and did lose about 17 pounds in a few months by starving myself. I promise you it's not worth it. While I personally am the least athletic person and I always was, after losing weight I became weak. You don't just lose fat- you lose muscle too. You may/may not think you have much muscle, but losing weight this way is unhealthy. If you really want to lose weight, here are some tips:

- Eat when you are hungry. Eliminate the snacks you sometimes eat just like that (example: popcorn at the movie theater when you're not actually hungry) but of course, don't wait till your stomach hurts to eat, I mean avoid unnecessary foods. That one is pretty big and many people do it.
    If you see yourself thinking "I'm not hungry, but [food item] looks delicious right now" then if you want to lose weight, try to refrain from eating it.

-Eat healthy. This one may be kind of obvious but I thought I should mention it too. Eat unhealthy as well, but make sure you have balanced meals/ eat some fruits and vegetables every day, you know? And White/lean meats more often than red may make it easier to lose weight.

-exercise. I'm not big on exercise myself. I always freak out when people say things like "you should exercise 45 minutes a day" because that's a lot, personally, and hard to fit into a schedule! But make sure you do at least a little. Even 10-15 minutes a day is better than none at all. And every 30-60 minutes of sitting, get up and stretch. Little things.

And really, the number on the scale doesn't matter as long as you're healthy. So if you're healthy, there is no need to lose weight, but you can if you are wanting to and feel more comfortable that way. If you're unhealthy you might need to work on that but it doesn't make you worthless or anything.

You, and the majority of people on this planet are capable and worthy of love. You are NOT worthless, and you will be missed if you leave. What makes you think you have a bad personality?

As clichè As it may be, you have to learn to love yourself more than you do now...and it's hard, especially if you're depressed, but I promise it'll get better :slight_smile:

19. Yosia

I too get mood swings, sometimes fairly frequently, but once you accept it, you can learn to control it somewhat, same as you can learn to control any of your emotions.

All difference is good. And if you can do something even though people make fun of it, you are more courageous than most people I know and that is not even a lie. Unfortunately, you are at the age where others your age are going to be immature and all that, but you can just learn to look past it.

I repeat - any difference is good, because diversity is what makes the world a more fun place to be.

20. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now I feel empty but I really don't know what to say

#20 bassboss, Oct 7, 2015