1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's better than before.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by cromig, Jan 10, 2009.

1. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    To avoid more arguments with my mom, i am staring to eat more. It's not the best but its an improvement. i am charting what i eat and how many calories im eating. My goal is to keep losing weight, just i guess healthier, so im limiting myself to about 1000 cals a day.
    but i need to start exercising, i just dont know what to do?

2. Lizz K

Well you could always start a pilates class, which will keep you flexible and get you in shape. Or start up a martial art. But if you're more into working out on your own, join a gym. If money's an issue just start running and then look up different type of ab and leg exercises. There are a lot of ways to exercise these days.

3. Louise

1000 calories a day for an 18 year old boy... are you nuts! Of course your mum is going crazy. All that you are going to do is ruin your body. A healthy male with a reasonable level of activity needs 2000 calories a day to maintain his body weight 1500 calories a day and you will start losing weight, 1000 calories a day and your body with start using up your lean muscle, then attack your fat reserves, then you body will go into starvation mode which means any 'surplus' calories you eat will automatically be stocked as fat, so when you stop dieting you will put on all the weight you lost and more... hence yoyo dieting!

The best way to lose weight is to forget about charting everything you eat and counting calories (although this is useful to a certain extent) as this gives food too much importance in your life and you live around your food instead of living your life and enjoying yourself.

If you eat a good breakfast, cereal with milk, or wholegrain toast and a glass of fresh orange juice and a low fat yogurt, lunch 200 grammes of some form of slow burning carbohydrate; pasta, rice, potatoes with 200g grilled fish or white meat with fresh vegetables followed by fruit for pudding then a light tea of grilled meat/fish and yogurt for pudding with a few granola bars in between if you are feeling peckish and the pounds will start to drop off. You can eat as many vegetables and as much salad as you like (as long as you don't put on dressing!)

To hasten weight loss, take some gentle excersize to tone up your muscles and increase your metabolism.

By starving yourself and I think that under 1200 calories you are in starvation mode (I read that in a report about third world countries and their starving population) your body basically starts to 'eat' itself. I know that that is a rather graphic image and rather disagreable but you must NOT restrict yourself to 1000 calories a day!

Good grief, just be happy I'm not your mum, I would have gone nuts! You could also go and see a dieticien who will give you very strict guidelines on how to loose weight as quickly and as healthily as possible.

4. KaraBulut

A guy your age needs to eat about 2400-3000 kilocalories a day dependent upon your activity level.

What was the center of a battle between you and your mother is now an eating disorder.

You need to get professional help to resolve this. You cannot live on 1000 kcal/day.

5. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    my activity level would probly be a... -10
    i mean i walk to doors delivering pizza, but most days, (not on days with school) i move like 20 feet to go to the bathroom and thats it.

6. Mickey

Walking is a good way to lose weight. I also love nautalus (sp?) machines.
    I dropped 100 lbs in 8 months by eating around 1500 calories a day,multi vitamins,and garlic tabs. Stay away from salt and soda. Drink lots of water.
    The others posters are right about not starving yourself. Start at 2000 calories and if you hit a slow down,go to 1500 calories. Of course,fruits & veggies are great,too.

7. techie01

Ok I just started this new Lifestyle called Metabolic Type Diet. This diet asks you quesions and then according to what you answered helps you to achieve healthiness. Try it out It is called the Metabolic Typing Diet!

8. Urman

Urman Guest

As everyone else said take it slow you can start out by running on the treadmill doing push ups and sit ups and also try to cut out on the sugars and other sweets that aren't good for you.

9. Gumtree

Cromig, I am in a rush and couldn't read the other replies, but 1000 calories a day a less then half what you need, a typical 18 year old male needs 2400-3000 calories a day.

At that intake, you will in fact SLOW down your weight loss.

The lack of energy will slow your metabolism and make your body hold on to any fat that it does receive in an attempt to stop yourself from starving.