1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it pointless to use condoms if I already barebacked?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Andane, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Andane

So long story short, I had sex recently, and well, in the heat of the moment I neglected to use a condom. I mean I'd been tested within the last month, and he said he had too. Now I don't reall have a reason to disbelieve him, but I still really wish I'd just taken the safe route (especially since I was bottoming). I kind of want to bring it up next time and say I'd rather use protection, but if we've already done it unprotected once, would condoms really help anything? Or would I pretty much already have something if it turns out he did have something.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely you should use a condom. And I would suggest to go get tested as well. Just because you made the mistake once, since you recognize its a mistake, no need to make the mistake again.

Assume both of you were tested recently, both of you are only as safe as the exact moment of your last test. And even if you did not contract anything this time around, whats to say he is not sleeping around and contracts something in the meantime. Why put yourself at risk like that?

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Andane,

The transmission of the disease doesn't always occurs. Bareback is a really risky activity, but the transmission rate is 100%.

Use condoms. Always. Even if both of you are clean, condoms are still recommended. Don't let the heat of the moment blind your judgement. It is better to be safe than sorry.