1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oral Sex and Condoms

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BookWriter1994, Oct 12, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Hi!

Well, this is so awkward but I just really want to know is all.

I am a 21 female who has a guy friend and I told him that I would want to experiment on him(Friends With Benefits without Sex) I never had a boyfriend before or I have never been kissed yet. I don't want to have sex with him or anything because I am not ready for that I just want to explore him is all.

The question that I am asking is, with oral sex and condoms can you still get HIV even if you are using condoms? I have two small cuts in my mouth and I was wondering can you still get it even if you are using condoms?

And what kind of condoms can you use for oral?

Same thing with a handjob. Can you get HIV if you don't use a condom? so far, I do not have small cuts on my hand but I am debating just to use condoms just to be safe. What are the risks here?:help:

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya,

Yes, but the risks are minimal if you are using condoms. Oral sex has a low chance of transmission, so it is pretty safe to do it with condoms.
    You can use the normal ones, but i recommend the flavoured ones, to avoid the latex taste.

The risks are even smaller here. The virus needs to get in your bloodstream, so, unless the person is infected and you have cuts in your hand, you should be pretty safe.

In both situations, you should be pretty safe, especially if you use condoms during oral. No technique is flawless, so, of course, the risk will always exist, but, as long as you use condoms, you should be pretty safe, especially if you don't have a high number of sexual partners.

3. BookWriter1994

Thank you so much for your reply! Hmm, my friend I beleive only had one. His other girlfriend he had wanted to wait until marriage so I think he only had one that I know of. So what about the whole sex thing? Is there any risk at all if we used condoms? And does it really prevent pregnancy?(I am on birth control. It's the one where you can get it in the arm) and HIV?

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is always a chance of things going wrong, but condoms lower that risk enough to give you peace of mind. If you use them correctly, the chance that something will go wrong is very low.
    Same thing: It prevents pregnancy, but it isn't 100%.

In resume: You should be pretty safe if you use condoms correctly. Follow the instructions, always use only one condom (don't stack 2, as they may break), and, if you are going for a long time, stop for a bit and change to a new condom.

For the sake of accurate information, i had to inform you that there will always be a small chance of things going wrong, as our technology isn't perfect. But condoms are a really good option, and you shouldn't need to worry too much about the small failure chance, if you take the safety precautions.

5. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd also recommend having your friend get tested before you engage in any sexual activity with him.

6. BookWriter1994

My friend is in the army. They have to do testing on a regular bases