1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it necessary to use condoms for couples and is it worse to be bottom, than top?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mile, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Mile

Mile Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is recommended to use condoms always. Even for couples. But how high the risk of natural infection for insertive & reseptive partners during bareback anal sex is?

And one more question. A man can have sex in insertive role 3 times per day and nothing bad will happen, but he can't bottoming as often. Is it fairly? I guess it is healthier to top more often, than to bottom. Am i wrong? :eusa_doh:

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Is it necessary to use condoms for couples and is it worse to be bottom, than top

Hey Mile,

For the first question, the short answer is: Yes, it is always recommended to use condoms.

I'm not sure what you mean by natural infection. If my answer isn't accurate, please clarify.

Infection occurs when an infected individual transmits the disease to another individual.

In terms of infections like AIDS, bareback is the most dangerous activity, with a high risk of infection.

As far as i know, there isn't a maximum number of times per day you can have sex as top or bottom.

Unless you have a insanely high sexual drive (in this case, assistance would probably be needed), you don't need to worry about this.

Apart from condoms, always remember to use plenty of lube, and to add more if you are going for a long time.

If you feel constant pain, bleeding or anything out of normal, you should seek a doctor to see what's happening.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Is it necessary to use condoms for couples and is it worse to be bottom, than top

I'm 100% STD-free and monogamous, and I still use condoms. Partially for safety and partially just because of the ick factor.

I don't know where the 3 times number came from, but I don't think there's any hard and fast (no pun intended) rule about it.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

There are guys who can bottom for hours and guys who are ready to be done after a few minutes. There are no fixed rules. Bottoming and topping are both enjoyable so it's really a matter of working out the logistics with your partner

As far as condoms... Always, always, always. Saves mess, avoids concerns about urinary infections, and shows that you care about your own health and safety as well as that of your partner.

Don't anybody ever use the 'if you trusted me' bullshit or the 'I want to be close to you' bullshit. Both are manipulative bullshit. It you live your partner, you want to keep him safe. Period. And people can make mistakes... And be ashamed of their behavior... And that is where infection happens even Mong trusted partners. If you use condoms... You never have to worry.

5. Mile

Mile Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

By "natural infection" i meant colibacillus, urinary infections, etc.

By "3 times per day" i meant, that in this case top won't have problems with his penis, but bottom will have ones with his ass: sphincter won't close completely, and moreover, the ass will hurt coz of often sex. Am i wrong again? :confused: