1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I buy just to have?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Natasha Elyssa, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

Like I've been thinking about college a lot lately, and have been thinking about romantic and sexual relationships. Should I buy condoms just to have them in case things get heated with someone? Like if I have sex before srs (like topping a girl) or after srs and I hook up with a guy or a girl and top or bottom for him/her? I'll probably not have sex often, but just in case love or lust catch me off guard, should I have protection in advance? Also lube? Like just have it sitting in a drawer somewhere? Also, what approach should I take with toys and stuff? <3 :slight_smile:

2. josh9623

I would suggest that if you feel ready to have sex, in general, you should have condoms. Also, keep in mind that New York's age of consent is 17. Depending on what happens condoms can be used normally or cut open to form a flat barrier.

As for lube, it is a good thing to have around, it may or may not be necessary (it depends on the act and the people involved) but it is better to have it lying around than to wish you had gotten some.

For toys are you asking about acquisition, selection or use?

3. Natasha Elyssa

I'm asking about like if a girl wanted to use toys on me or if she wanted me to use toys on her. Like that type of thing. Thanks. :slight_smile:

4. Distant Echo

Yeah. I think you'll find most girls that age wouldn't be into toys yet..

#4 Distant Echo, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  5. Natasha Elyssa

Yeah....but to be prepared. I like to be prepared, unlike most other people in NYC. Ex: snowstorms (flurries). LOL. Plus, I'm gonna be honest, I kind of want to experiment in college. ^-^ <3

#5 Natasha Elyssa, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  6. josh9623

If you want to have toys just to be prepared if either person wants to use them. I would suggest getting toys that you find interesting, instead of trying to have something you think the other person would like. Try to avoid anything that has phthalates (pronounced thalates), seems rough or is overly pointy.

Given your age, I don't know what your housing situation is in regards to getting packages but amazon has a surprisingly large selection. If you were older I could suggest a few shops if you are in the city but they will often check id and can be quite expensive.

7. setnyx

always better to have it & not need it than the reverse. you may also be able to keep a friend safe who isn't prepared.