1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay sex after gonorrhea shots & pills

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ggopoe, Oct 26, 2015.

1. ggopoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My partner tested positive for anal gonorrhea, so we both got a shot and took pills today. Most sites and doctors recommend waiting at least 7 days before having unprotected sex -- although one site suggested that maybe 4 days was enough of a wait. Does anyone know the actual minimum time it takes for one to not be contageous after treatment?

#1 ggopoe, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am trying to think of an empathic way to say this, but I'm coming up short. You're not going to get much support here for unprotected sex, period. It's foolish, risks transmission of various STIs (as you've seen), and there's really absolutely no excuse, unless you don't care about your own health and well being, not to use a condom.

Please, please, please for your own health and safety, and that of your partner, just use condoms and then you won't have to worry about such things.

3. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's your health you are gambling here. You say the minimum wait time is 7 days? Then I'd wait at least 15 days just to be on the safe side. It's a quickie really worth jeopardizing my well-being? No, the answer will (should*) always be a resounding no. I'd wait as much as recommended and then some. Then again, this is just an imaginary scenario, since I wouldn't have unprotected sex in the first place.

How does "never" sound for a minimum waiting period?

#3 RawringSnake, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  4. MrK21

go with what the doctors say.