1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this normal-ish?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Agerardii, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Agerardii

I was just wondering about this slightly weird feature that I have and if anyone else can relate. I have a bone (coccyx?) that sort of sticks out (really sticks out when I bend over) that makes a pretty noticeable bump at the top of my butt/ bottom of my spine. It's not painful or anything (unless I'm trying to do sit-ups on a bare floor) but I am extremely self-conscious about it. I am - and always have been - pretty gangly (6'9 175lbs) and don't really have any butt to speak of, so is this something that could go away if I were able to put on weight, or am I just stuck with what looks like where they cut my tail off?

#1 Agerardii, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. Blaz

Blaz Guest

It's not common but it's not uncommon as well. You shouldn't worry about too much either. Some people even have control of it and can "wiggle" it. It's actually(Based off of what you have stated) part of your spine(bone). I wish I could think of the name, but I'm blanking out right now. . .:/

It's alright that you feel self conscious about it, but you shouldn't worry about other people's opinion's, it's much more common than you think. . .

3. Janvier

I think it's cool :slight_smile:
    I you really don't like it you can get some surgery done to get it removed.

4. Helen

Helen Guest

Yeah, coccyx is right, it's often referred to as the tailbone.

It's not unheard of for a coccyx to stick out, but surgery is usually only reserved for people who have actually injured it.

I had a coccyx injury for a while when I fell down on my bum really hard on a water slide, it really hurt to sit on a piano stool for ages afterwards (which isn't good for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), so considering yours sticks out, I'd recommend just being careful. :slight_smile: Perhaps putting on a bit of weight would help that, I'm not an expert. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But I wouldn't worry about it, if we notice something on our own bodies, it nearly always appears much more noticeable than it actually is. ^_^

5. littledinosaurs

It shouldn't be a problem, just be mindful that you don't damage it.
    it usually sticks out farther on girls than boys.