1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paranoia over status

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by unstyled, Nov 11, 2015.

1. unstyled

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My hypochondria is in overdrive right now over my sexual health, particularly HIV status considering a recent turn of events in my life: becoming sexually active.

I started being sexually active a month ago. I have never been tested. I've had 7 partners (is this normal? or have I been promiscuous). 2 of whom involved only low-risk activities. The other 5, I've been receptive and always used a condom.

I don't like the thought that there's even the smallest chance I could be in danger after this period of inexperienced escapades. I'm going to get tested as soon as I can.. but since it's only been not even a month yet, the results won't be too conclusive I'm guessing. How concerned should I be?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you say low-risk activities, what do you mean? It sounds like you're at low risk, but it's wise to get into a habit of regular testing.

3. unstyled

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Blowjobs (giving) and mutual masturbation.

4. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You should continue using protecton and have tests done regular basis as long as you are active so that if you catch any thing you can spot it and treat it early.

If you are so concerned about disease you should put off sex until you receive results for the tests. If you'd like you can get vaccines for HPV so that you'd have at least one less STD to worry about.

5. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For protected sex (sex with a condom), the transmission rate for HIV is effectively zero. Oral sex is also low risk provided that there were no open sores or bleeding around or inside the mouth. HIV is not easy to catch. You are more likely to catch Chlamydia which has a higher prevalence and transmission rate. The HIV test is free (in the US, at least) and it takes minutes to get results, so there is no reason not to get tested. You should also get screened for the more common STDs. If you are sexually active, try to get tested a couple times each year.

#5 Blackbirdz, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015