1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

issues over issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by shy, Nov 13, 2015.

1. shy

shy

I'm trying to keep this short so you guys have an easier time reading it.

At the Age of 27 I've never had a bf before. For good reasons I'm not too outgoing and for the same reasons I'm highly unlikely to having sex outside a relationship (mainly rape in past). Thus I am looking for a bf.

But whenever I find someone of my age (+-) I might find physically attractive they seem to be in such deep shit my problems seem pettyous (I used to be in therapy due to what I mentioned and more).

Is this in any way regular that (from the outside) self caring singles in their 20ties are mentally disordered, is it that I'm attracted to this kind of guys or is it just my great luck of choice?

2. Theron

I'd have to say luck because I see all kinds of personality types with various mental disorders.

That being said, having issues doesn't mean a person is unworthy of love. I have a long list of troubles and still ended up with a very loving husband who makes my life so much more worth living.

3. shy

shy

I totally agree and therefore give you some examples of the last cases.

1) After one day of chatting he tells me he's feeling bad. A friend of mine tells me he's suicidal apparently, there's no way of getting through to him, talking, whatever. I still hope he's getting over it.

2) Actually a happy and livid guy. When I met him he's in serious financial trouble because he bought two flats he couldn't afford. Reason: they were cheap. He never checked if this would pay off.

3) After at least one suicide attempt he was diagnosed with severe depression and borderline syndrome. A few months ago he quit therapy* because "it sucked".

4) This one is dreaming of starting to work again 5 or 6 years after therapy*. Reason for therapy: suicide attempts (yes, multiple attempts) and burnout.

5) Acutally just a female friend of mine. After a suicide attempt she has been diagnosed with shizophrenia. Luckily she's now in a programme to start working. Although she's been in therapy* I never gave up on her, visited her at least once a week, the team at the clinic knew me after some time and gave us extended freedom when "going out". This one should just be an example how I can stick close if needed and someone lets me to.

*Whenever I spoke of therapy in this thread I meant clinical therapy, not just seeing a therapist on a regular basis.