1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Common Practice: Safety (Girls Please!)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Redd, Nov 15, 2015.

?

How often do you use protection?

1. Never

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Sometimes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Always

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only if a partner asks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always talk about it (and make various decisions)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Rarely or never even talk about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Redd

Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it actually a common thing for girls to use things like gloves and dental dams when doing it with other girls? Also are there other forms of protection that I'm just not aware of?

I know it's more safe and couldn't hurt (and I always err on the side of cation and will do what I can to be safe), but I don't get the impression that most girls use protections like these. I haven't had much experience, so I could be completely wrong, but I almost feel like it might be unusual enough to ask a new partner to to things protected, and that she would see it as a turn off and a sign of paranoia or lack of trust. I think that in part this is due to a complete lack of LGBT sex ed where I am from- people aren't aware that safety could be an issue, so it doesn't occur to them to talk about it, or they're weirded out when other people do.

So, what are your experiences? Do you always use protection, do you talk about it, are there certain situations you're more careful with than others? Is it a red flag if someone does or doesn't bring it up?

2. COPY

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If someone brought it up, it'd actually make me feel a bit more comfortable to be around them because that means they'd both want us to be a bit safer. I've never actually used protection and I don't ever see myself using any. Probably just because it doesn't usually seem necessary and the thought of actually using it turns me off. So even t

Maybe I'm just immature, but dental dams are kind of creepy. There's actually a chance I wouldn't even get off if my partner was using one or any other type of protection.