1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden spots in face .... urgent

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Typhoon, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Had a small cold from a few days ago though I'm much better except my sore throat. However last night sores and pustules started appearing across the lower part of face, some of which are obscured by my beard and mustache. I'm visiting a doctor tomorrow to see what this is, and whether this is something transmitted to another person. Even if it isn't, there's still an issue which is very important to me.

I'm graduating with the rest of my class in a week, and as tradition, in order to celebrate my class is throwing a ''buscade'' (ride on 2-3 buses across various locations with booze and loud music) which we also paid for (no refunds) and it's something I was really looking forward to, perhaps because I don't go out very often, because I've been to one before and loved it, and because something like this happens twice or three times. My friends will be there and I really wanted to go but this sudden popping up (I'd say I have around 20 or so of them) is so badly timed.....:tears:

Even if the doctor says it isn't contagious... this ''party'' is on Tuesday. How are people going to feel if I show up with spots on my face? Luckily most of the damage is hidden by my beard, but the ones around my nose are obvious. Never has timing been more wrong.

I have no clue what I should do.

2. confusedbubble

Get some sudocrem and lather it on at night it'll dry them up. Singns of spots after a cold mean that your immune system is run down I get them after every cold try some vitamin C tablets as well that will help with the effects of a cold and afterwards it gives your body a boost.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

If it is contagious:
    Ask your doctor about it, maybe even about your concerns for this trip. And he may recommend something to prevent spreading it. It could even just be something transferred through saliva/breathing on people like a cold so that could be prevented most likely.

If it isn't contagious:
    Depending on how bad they are, you could probably use concealer to cover them up. You can find sticks of concealer at make-up stores but also just walmart or convenient stores. Just make sure you find one that matches your skin tone by testing it first. If the skin is broken/skin pealing on some of them those can be harder to cover up but ask you doctor if there's any ointments you could use to treat them.

Hope this helps!

4. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks all. If it is contagious I'm forgetting this trip. However my family more or less suggested I shouldn't go even it isn't in case it might arouse discomfort amongst other students. Of course they look ugly, but even a bad case of acne looks marginally worse. Trip is a day and a few hours away so hopefully they may be slightly less obvious, though it would take weeks for them to clear up. a.k.a weeks to shave.

A.k.a hai. I'm Rubeus Hagrid.

Side-note: Vitamin C didn't occur to me. I'll definitely have to include it. Thanks all :slight_smile:

5. confusedbubble

Seriously sudocrem works wonders on them especially if they are open it heals them faster as it has an antiseptic in it the next morning you just wipe it off and wash your face.

I tried antibiotics for acne and creams I from the doctor they didn't work until someone mentioned try this cream and it worked perfectly

6. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The problem is that this isn't simply acne. In fact, I have like 2-3 random spots normally, courtesy of mosquitoes but these just popped up in barely a day. Praying it isn't a viral infection, although even a bacterial one will cost me the trip.