1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testosterone injection

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KeithWulf, Nov 16, 2015.

1. KeithWulf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys! Just did my second T shot. First one I did on my own tho, and I'm terrified I did it wrong. To draw I used a 22 gauge needle and to inject an 18 (ouch, messed that up). I cleaned the area first, then did as I was taught. I did not push the needle all the way into my thigh, about halfway. All the T went in and so did an air bubble.
    I was SO nervous. Did I hit a vein? Is the T working? Will I be ok? Advice?

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The T is definitely working. Sometimes air bubbles happen and they're probably harmless, but if you're really worried ask your doctor. If you hit a vein, you'd be bleeding so you'd probably know.

3. KeithWulf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ~~ALSO~~ when I finished injecting it looked like a bunch of the T came up out of the injection site. I'm only on 1/2 a mlg every 2 weeks, so I'm concerned I lost a lot if not all of the T. A lot of people report a little leakage but idk if mine is normal. I left a message for my doctor but until I hear back from her I'm gonna be freaking out.

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you on intramuscular shots?

If so, your needle is supposed to be injected all the way in your leg, or it won't reach the muscle. I'm not an expert, but I think it's to help T absortion?

Anyway, air bubble (as long as they're not gigantic) are not really problematic. They'll get evacuated by the lungs. You need a lot of air for it to be lethal, like, more than one full seringue. I don't think you can mess up that bad by ''accident''.

As for the needle size, yeah, use the 22 for injection and 18 for draw. Damn, that must have hurt xD