1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Draws are Impossibe

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by thepandaboss, Nov 17, 2015.

1. thepandaboss

I'm getting blood work done today at a general checkup. Really worried. The nurse taking my blood couldn't get a sample because of how thin my veins are. We were going to try a heating pad and water but I ended up getting so anxious I canceled the tests. (The nursing staff, as it stands is very nice and I feel really bad).

One problem I noticed? The blood in the syringe was stagnant. Like it was flowing really slow, looked thick... Freaked me the fuck out.

Is that normal? How often has that happened to people? It really worries me because I want to start HRT soon and I'll need blood tests to start it...

2. DinelodiiGitli

I've had that happen before, it's usually due to dehydration (no need to panic, even mild dehydration makes blood draws difficult).
    Just drink a lot of water before going next time, no worries. :slight_smile:

3. thepandaboss

Okay, thanks. I ended up rescheduling the appointment so I'll give that a shot next time I go in. I'm not usually dehydrated- I make sure to drink a lot throughout the day but this was a mid morning appointment so hadn't really had the chance yet.