1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is embarassing but...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dylanisawsome19, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know my gf is gonna break up with me soon because of my well... performance. Like I just don't get turned on in bed by her... or the last three. I'm not really feeling much about the soon to be break up either... to quote Matthew Koma & Tiesto "I like us better when we're wasted... It makes it easier to fake it" IDK what is going on. And I know I shouldn't drink but... yeah

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello dylanisawesome19! :icon_bigg

You state "I'm not really feeling much about the soon to be break up either.", yet your mood says depressed. I guess it doesn't have much to do with the breakup then? I'm asking to see whether it bothers you more than you admit right here.

I'm sorry you're heading towards a breakup. You state you don't get turned on by her in bed, something that can have several different causes. One of them might be that you have performance anxiety (it's relatively common so I just drop the word here). I can't tell why you have performance problems, as there's not sufficient information for me to do so, nor do I have enough expertise on this matter.

Have you had these problems for some time? Did they just start appearing?

Take care,

Quem

3. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my depressed state has nothing to do with a break up i actually posted a thread thread that explains more of what's going on called "Broken and Conflicted" in the Sexual and Romantic Orientation forum...

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like its because you're very stressed out at the moment.

I dont know how serious you are with your current girlfriend but if you do want to stay with her then maybe you should confide in her as you are confiding in this forum (or maybe just tell her about the forum so she can see for herself what your concerns are).
    I dont know if its just me but I always find being honest and open a whole lot less stressful than keeping things to myself.

When sex is stressing you out, maybe its time to stop having sex for a little bit? OR find a way to make the sex you do have less stressful... again, maybe just tell her about how you feel and then maybe that'll remove her expectation that you're going to have frequent sex in the coming weeks or months or years. It's better she knows, isn't it?

Then again, you may feel that none of this is worth it and maybe having a girlfriend in your life right now is something which may just be adding to your already full schedule or stress levels? Maybe, for now, it'd be better if you took a break? I dont know if this is the case but if you're just sitting around waiting for it to end then why not end it right now?

5. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll go ahead and say it... I think I might not be straight...

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Would you like to elaborate on why you feel that you may be not be straight? Is it only because you have trouble in bed with women or are there any wider issues you'd care to share with us here?
    How sure are you?

#6 Robert, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  7. ledja

ledja Guest

and that's totally okay. a lot of us on EC have been there.

you've done nothing wrong. not to anyone, not to your girlfriend.

we're hear if you want to talk.

#7 ledja, Nov 18, 2015
  8. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ah, I feel like I should move our conversation here.

I'd like to know more about your thoughts on your orientation, too.

9. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's not just trouble in bed it's general lack of attraction... to any girl. I have had gay sex... I don't remember it but I know it happened(I was very drunk).

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2015 at 05:27 AM ----------

I've never thought about it but when i was little my first "crush" was my friend's twin brother

10. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh, I see what you mean. I know the feeling, and it can be scary, but you're doing a good thing talking to us about this. You might just need to get it all out so you can sort through your thoughts later.

11. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just want to say congrats for finally coming out to yourself. It's the first step in a long road. Its a big thing to know that your life is going to be different from what everyone around you has always told you it would be.

You probably dont know yet and wont know for a while but do you think you are 100% gay or...?
    I remember for a long time after I came out as not-straight I thought I was a pansexual. Took me a few extra months to realise I was gay.

12. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    and my friends have commented on things I've said before while drunk but I brushed it off with a blame the booze attitude and fooled myself into thinking they bought it...These are guys... I have apparently flirted with the while drunk. Now I'm in college... College students are more open-minded... But this came at a time when I'm trying to save my brother... WHO IS ALSO GAY... I LIVE IN TENNESSEE

13. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree with Robert.

I had a similar experience, except I thought I was bisexual. Turns out I was just gay.

Don't worry about having to figure yourself out so suddenly. It'll take a little bit and that's ok. What's important is that you got the whole process started :slight_smile:

14. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I will admit I have a drinking problem... And I am also under 21... But maybe whe the drinks hit me I become more open and honest

15. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Are you drinking right now?

16. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I was drunk this would be easier and less tearful

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2015 at 05:49 AM ----------

I honestly think I prefer waking up with a hangover to just not sleeping at all

17. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ah, sorry, haha. I just thought that if you were drinking, then maybe we should wait until you're completely sober to talk about this, but you're not so it's ok.

Just take a deep breath. You're doing well, Dylan. You got this.

Tell us more about your experiences. Are you completely sure that you're gay?

And about your brother - this could be a way for you both to relate. If I was having a hard time with my sexuality and I found out that my bigger brother was gay too, I would feel relieved. I wouldn't be alone. You don't have to feel embarrassed or ashamed.

At the same time, come out at your own time. Let these feelings settle a little bit and see if you still feel the same way after a while.

#17 Steve FS, Nov 18, 2015
  18. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well today I can't let slip my questioning or it could lead to complications in getting my brother... I have had a cps agent working to help me get him out so Here we go

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2015 at 05:56 AM ----------

at least now i have motivation to ease up on my drinking

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2015 at 06:02 AM ----------

I just want my brother to be safe... My orientation doesn't matter if it means he will be protected... I will stay in closet if I have to

19. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why would you have to?

#19 Robert, Nov 18, 2015
  20. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Because of Tennessee bigotry... Anyways after sleeping on it... and sleeping i general... I realize I am gay I am gonna stay in closet at least until I have custody of me brother but I told some of my friends and they were really cool about it and jokingly said "so you are blaming the booze huh" and said they guessed my freshman year before I ever flirted with them... I didn't want to jump the gun and tell people right away but I felt I owed them an explanation and they are really supportive which isn't normal for people in Tennessee

#20 dylanisawsome19, Nov 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.