1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding health?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Secrets5, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Is there an age of development [different from chronological age] or a health meter you have to be in order to start binding? I know it can cause physical or health related injuries so I was wondering if there was suggested conditions for you to be in to start it?

Thank-you.

2. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not really sure, as the main guideline ( if you go to a medical professional) is don't, but I know that that isn't an option in the long run. I'd suggest being in as good long condition as you can ( even a cold makes breathing difficult for me in a binder) and the more physically fit you are, the better. I'm not the most physically fit, so I can't really talk, but it's definitely a suggestion.

Also, make sure you get the right size and try not to bind for more than 8 hours a day, if you want to reduce the likelihood of long term damage.

Hope I helped!

3. DinelodiiGitli

The main thing is making sure you buy a proper binder and don't have any orthostatic related health problems or any major breathing issues.

And of course getting the right size (don't buy a smaller size just because you think it'll work better) and not wearing it for too long is important.

4. Theron

I cannot stress this enough. A friend of mine has POTS and didn't know they shouldn't bind with it and they kept passing out at work. =S They had to stop.