1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatigue... so tired...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Invidia, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Lately I've been feeling so tired all the time. If I just let myself sleep until I feel I want to get up, so to say, I'll sleep for 10-14 h. And when I'm not sleeping I'm generally tired and low on energy anyway. It's not rare for me to spend 20/24 h in a day in bed. I watch anime or go on youtube, do something that's not too hard... I'm unproductive and just a sloth...

I don't know why... It recently got really dark here so that there's only basically the morning of sunlight - by dinner it's gone. And I don't get up until after dinner so I don't get to see the sun much. I'm unemployed and I'm not studying right now... the lack of activity is getting to me, I think... I recently started a new anti-depressant medicine, that might be it, I don't know...

I'm going to bring it up with my therapist. But I was wondering if anyone here has any tips on how to get myself up and out of bed and get some things done? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2015 at 12:09 AM ----------

Also, my brain is sluggish lately

2. Really

Maybe find something to do outside when the sun is out. Walk, jog, ski? You probably could do with some more daylight.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Yeah, maybe... I usually get up too late, though, but I'll try to change that

4. PurlpleAurora

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would say change your routines on the days you are out of bed. Like you have to go to the grocery or rune errands or something right?

Look for things you like to do. Do you have any hobbies? If not maybe think of something you would like to pursue. Do some research, find something that is entertaining and active.
    I am sure there are lots of things in your life that require some activity. Maybe just try moving again. You will come out of it :slight_smile: I am sure of it.

5. Mikelhpc228

Try to get into direct morning sunlight at least 10 minutes, helps me in winter, I also use light box therapy to fight Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), exercise, and anti-depressants. You may want to ask your MD to test you for Vitamin D defiency, & to include a Vit D supplement if recommended. Many of your symptoms sound like low Vit D. Good luck.

6. Randomuser

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think it's wise to see your dr too. I have a history of depression and was feeling the same a few months ago. When I shared with my therapist she recommended to check physical health too. My dr found out I have Hashimotos which results in hypothyroidism. I know that can be overlooked. Take care.

#6 Randomuser, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  7. Epitomeness

Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe an iron deficiency? This was a problem for me this past year. I would sleep all day, even during school. When I could anyway, then I'd get home and sleep some more until the night, wake up eat something, then sleep again. My doctor said I was low on iron so I took some tablets and it helped

8. crazydiamond

It could be depression, anxiety, but it could also possibly have something to do with your thyroid. I have hypothyroid, and when I don't take my medication sometimes (I know, I know), I start to feel majorly fatigued and unwilling to do anything productive. I think it would be wise to go to the doctor and get some bloodwork done as well as seeing your therapist.

9. Gay1234

What about your diet? If you eat a bad diet you will barely get any energy needed to stay awake. Fill yourself with nutritious and energy packed meals. It will aslo make you feel good and it will give you energy.

Good Luck and hoped I helped,
    Gay1234

10. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in a dark area too - at least in the winter - and I've found that eating fruits and taking multivitamins help me feel good and less sluggish. I also try to have fun projects, when I'm not taking classes, so that I can do something. Long periods of inactivity can be hard emotionally, I think.

11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

I've spoken to a doctor/medical person, I got some advice and it's been going better. Thanks for the advice, everyone. <3