1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UT Infection?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Phantasma, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Phantasma

Here's the deal. I've been sick since Sunday, but it's started to feel different than just your typical flu. On Sunday I woke up with a 101.5 fever, pounding headache, and dizziness. So I stayed home from school, Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday I was feeling waay better, my temperature was down to normal and aside from a few minor dizzy spells I felt fine and ready to get back into the flow of things.

Then, I noticed a new symptom. A tinge of pain when peeing, kind of a burning sensation almost. Of course I thought this was odd but didn't think much of it, and continued planning to come to school today. About an hour before I went to sleep last night, every symptom came back. Out of nowhere my head was aching again and I was just feeling dizzy and beat down. Temperature went from below normal right up to 102 in roughly an hour. I took some tylenol and went to sleep hoping it was just a fluke last-minute wave of the flu I was already over.

I woke up this morning and was feeling horrible. I still have that pain to pee and my temperature has been bouncing between 98.6 and 100.0 all morning. Headache is back (though not as strong) and the same with the dizziness, but only if I stand up. However, new symptom! I know it's normal to feel achey and sore with the flu, but this was new. I'd felt sore and beat up on Sunday when I first felt bad, but since then it had disappeared and I was feeling generally okay. This morning was a different story. I woke up and, on the left side of my back, from waist line to the bottom of my shoulder blade, I'm in agony. My muscles are screaming bloody murder whenever I move or stretch - but they feel fine when I settle into one position.

I was born with a hypospadias so I'm naturally more likely to get a UTI, though I've never experienced one before (at least not one I was old enough to remember) so I don't know what signs to look for. I did a bit of research about them and found a list of common symptoms, but I still don't know what exactly is happening. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac when it comes to feeling sick, so I'm not sure.

At the moment I feel absolutely fine, except for the muscle aches and an on-the-rise (again) fever, sitting at 100.0 at the moment. What do you think? Is this just a determined flu or something else I need to get checked?

2. Mickey

Go to a doctor. Fever usually means there's some kind of infection going on.
    They'll do a urine culture and probably blood work.
    Don't wait. Go see the doctor,asap!