1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is AIDS Something To Worry About?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Contact1111, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, my Mom recently was concerned about this since I told her of my sexual orientation. Well, I really do appreciate her concern about it, and it's great that she cares about me enough to bring up this uncomfortable subject. She ultimately said that it sounded like I have a plan, which is okay but she didn't think I could necessarily say my "plan" would work in real life. Well, basically the thing is I do have a plan so to speak. Okay, well I didn't really want to begin talking about actual acts to my Mom...... that's not exactly a comfortable conversation. However, the idea of butt sex really grosses me out. Poop grosses me out to the point that I would not want to possibly be involved with it in any way. I also do not like the feeling of stuff going up my butt, and that kind of grosses me out in it's own way. So, if I ever did anything with a guy it would probably just basically amount to sucking each other off. It's pretty damn unlikely to get AIDS from that if I'm correct? Even if they did have it, you'd still have a pretty minimal chance if you just did that. I think my Mom kind of had an idea of what I was thinking on this but I sure as hell don't want to bring it up :eusa_doh:, because she said something about that someone could push/force me to do something that I didn't want to do intially. I wouldn't do anything sexual with somebody I didn't trust either, so I think that kind of rules out the idea of somebody not respecting me on this. Honestly, I'd just be interested in doing anything with somebody that was already a friend/somebody I already knew who happened to be gay/bi. I don't think I'd be interested in going out actively looking for other men per say as a lifestyle. Nothing against people that do, but I've had plenty of friends who were like that and I'm sure if I said I was interested in doing stuff....... they probably would have been interested and also respected me on this particular issue since I knew and trusted them. So, basically given what I said the possibility of getting AIDS is probably pretty minimal right? I wouldn't say zero necessarily, because that wouldn't be true for anybody but it wouldn't be really a serious thing to be worried about right?

#1 Contact1111, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally speaking, if a positive individual is taking their medications, it will keep their viral load down to a minimum and undetectable, so it won't progress to AIDS. I went to a STI clinic a couple days ago, and yes it is still possible to contract HIV through oral but the chances are very very low. However, if you had an open sore(s), then that would be a way for HIV to enter your system. So don't brush your teeth before oral sex.

Get tested regularly, and you could also use a condom for oral sex if you really wanted to. Since you don't want to engage in anal sex, you're chances of contracting HIV are low since you're only doing oral. You can still catch other STDS so getting tested is still a must.