1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have considered Castration (but its not what you think)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dreamer2891, Dec 6, 2015.

1. dreamer2891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I find having a sex drive distracting and annoying, and I makes me waste so much time I feel I could be doing more productive, social and creative things - I just can't control my urges.

Lets get one thing straight first, I am not ashamed of my sexual orientation at all, I don't wish I was straight in any respect. Also my sexual urges ar'nt in any way illegal or dangerous.

I also don't really want to have sex with anyone or a romantic relationship - and so theirs no real point in having a sex drive apart from really distracting me!

I just want to be happily single and get on with what I love in life... creating art etc. I wish I WAS asexual ... no sex drive and happy.

I know its not as simple as requesting Chemical Castration at your GP - but I've seriously considered it! surely it could be a similar process to getting a sex change?

2. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Invest in really good sex toys?

3. thepandaboss

You really don't need to go get yourself a chemical castration... Seems very excessive to me. You could do what Kinky suggested and invest in some nice toys. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a sex drive. Most people have one and you can have a healthy sex life (doesn't mean you have to have a partner. Just rub one out once in a while) while still having a balanced life.

But if you feel it's disrupting your life in such a way that you can't function, maybe see a sex therapist. In fact, maybe they could help you learn how to balance your urges in your daily life. But from what I'm reading, it really doesn't feel like your urges are abnormal. And chemical castration seems like a very drastic, permanent thing to do for something that everyone experiences.

4. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of the medications used for chemical castration of males come with a list of potential side effects, especially when taken for long periods of time. The medications do not completely remove all sexual urges, they just make them more controllable and less strong, which is great when administered to sex offenders. They still have to go to counseling, though.

Perhaps your money and time would be better spent on talking with someone regarding your unwillingness to pursue a more balanced personal life. :wink:

#4 pinkpanther, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015