1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I just a tomboy-ish bisexual or am I a Transgender?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Cloudson, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Cloudson

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This thought has been bothering me for a while. i'm 18, and I have a tomboy style; the thing that confuses me is i'm not sure if I just like to dress like a guy or do i actually want to be identified as a guy. I hate my boobs and i want to have a top surgery. I wear binder when i go out and i dress like a man, behave like a man, and i have short hair, but i've never thought of being a guy before. I guess i wanted to, but in my home town ppl judge transgender ppl and it just kinda kept me from thinking about the possibility of me being a trans. So, last week i was on youtube and saw this ftm sharing his experience of him transforming and i got so interested and kinda wanted to be like him. but i'm on a fence of going on T, one reason is because i'm not out to my family and idk how am i going to do this without the support from my family, and two, i'm afraid that the society will judge me for being a transgender. I currently live in canada with my parents and sister, but my home town in taiwan is very traditional; ppl judge transgender ppl and if I do actually transform i don't think i will ever find a person who accepts who i am....
    so i'm not sure if i should just forget abt being a transgender and pretend that i'm just a bi who likes to dress like man...:icon_sad:

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, how you like to dress has nothing to do with your gender. It sounds like you might have chest dysphoria? Are you uncomfortable with/feel a disconnect with anything else? Just try to consider how you want to be biologically and socially, don't think about gender roles at all.

3. InfinityonHigh

Since you mentioned wanting top surgery and T, it's pretty safe to guess that you're trans. Asking if you should 'forget about being transgender' implies that you pretty much already sees yourself as such and that ignoring that is denying a part of you. If this came with no consequences, would you want to wake up tomorrow and have everybody see you as a guy? And have the body of a cis guy? But in the end, you're the only person that can know for sure whether you're cis or trans.