1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Pupils

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Wired106, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Wired106

I just came back from the optomotrist to get my yearly check up and my eyes are fine. I don't wear glasses or contacts. She noticed something about my eyes though that sort of struck her. She said that one of my pupils in larger than the other and its pretty uncommon. I never noticed it myself, but when I went home to check out my pupils, I was able to notice it but I had to look very closely. I was wondering if anyone knows whats going on and what caused this or if i've always had this? Also another thing my friends noticed, was that my eyes are very dilated. Its really strange because I have good vision, but just today I found out that one pupil is slightly bigger than the other and that my eyes are very dilated. Does anyone know whats going on? :rolleyes:

2. KaraBulut

The term for it is anisocoria. About 15% of people have it but never notice it until someone points it out.

3. Mana

My pupils are always really big... especially in photos... :-/

4. Miles D

well I'm not much help, because the only thing I've heard about two different sized pupils is that happens when you have a trauma to your head. and I'm guessing you're just fine up there :grin:

5. Markio

Don't pupils dilate depending on how much light is in the vicinity? I'd imagine that you pupils are only large when it's not quite so bright out.

6. Wired106

yeah pupils do dilate in less light, but there was a lot of light out which is why it was weird lol. thanks for your help guys

7. Courtneyyy

A lot of time when you go to the optometrist they dilate your eyes (for some reason unknown to me). Maybe that's why they're dilated now (or yesterday I guess).